Ultrasound showed normal organs but stomach full of gas?!?

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I've been having problems lately with my stomach and my digestive system had a ultrasound which the lady said everything looks normal and working fine but my stomach was extremely gassy, any ideas what this could mean?

I'm also massively off my food I'm hardly eating and have a constant lump (well feels like a lump anyway) at the back of my throat?!?

Any ideas what could be wrong?!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would suggest to get a second opinion if your note happy.. No one should put up with concerns and discomfort.

I suffer with ibs issue and have done for over 10 years.. Only since I thought about doing diary free - all Beit cutting down on diary have I noticed a significant different.

If you haven't already, try food diaries. Cut out certain things ie - wheat / dairy etc... In hope this helps you?'

All the best

• Posted

I have had 2 ultrasounds one with the NHS one privately both said organs were working fully only the private one suggested I was full off gas.

Yeah I'm going to start a food diary problem is I ain't eating at the moment to start one!

It's the lump sensation in the throat that's irritating me, and seem to burping a lot, it's irritation rather than pain, but got 4 more weeks to wait before an endoscopy sad

• Posted

The human body is a strange thing!!

Have your tried eating, or is it literally

You can't stomach anything?

Hmm... I don't have a lump in my throat when my issues are really bad which can last for days if not weeks, my sensation is in the pit of my stomach.

Have you tried any the therapy, could it be they help mind over matter?

With my ibs, I'm not longer on nights, my job is a little less stressful and I eat more frequent small & often and that does seem to help. Not perfect but helps compared to before..

I hope you get it sorted, it's awful the Unknown rolleyes

• Posted

I can handle cold food, jus had cold prawns and pasta, ice cream, cold eggs, even chocolate is OK it's really weird, but the thought of warm cooked food especially meat makes me want to throw up, the one good thing is I've had this for about 4 weeks and I haven't once vomited, jus the feeling of it, I'm trying to stay calm and not panic though and avoiding googling the symptoms cause I can only imagine the answers haha
    • Posted

Maybe you are unknowingly nervously swallowing air James.

That would make you full of gas when you're not eating.

Have you tried really bland food like rice pudding or pasta, they fill you without having to eat too much.

I'm guessing it might be a nervous thing.

• Posted

Hi suzy

I am quite anxious about the whole thing I'm quite a worrier anyway I had rive pudding yesterday and was perfectly fine, I don't actually vomit anything back up its getting it down in the first place that's difficult!

The only thing I'm really really struggling with at the moment is the lump in the throat sensation, however I've had untold blood tests over the past year, a CT scan about 18 months ago, 2 ultrasounds over the past month, I'm guessing if it was anything serious something would have shown up some here even a small marker but nothing, it could most definitely be a anxiety thing.

• Posted

I can't tell you what is wrong, but I have had the lump in throat and the nausea that makes me not want to eat. I've lost a lot of weight because of it. I force myself to eat, but it's not easy. I am having a endoscopy and colonoscopy next Tuesday, so hopefully some answers will be coming. It is frustrating and concerning, and I am over it. I have been eating small frequent snacks or meals, and it has helped. Also, I'm taking a PPI to help protect my throat from reflux. 
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

How long have you had it for? Any stomach pain with it too?

Considering I'm not eating I've lost a minimal amount of weight, about a pound in a week which I'm guessing is quite reassuring

• Posted

I actually have been sick with it, and other issues, since January. Yes to the stomach pain, but mine is more nausea related. I went to the hospital in January, and was diagnosed with Gerd and gallstones, had gallbladder out, but the sickness remains. Hoping for answers soon though, with my procedures. 
    • Posted

I haven't been sick which is quite a positive I think that's why the weight isn't falling off of me yet, I've only really suffered for a about 3 weeks now and Ive had enough already I can only imagine how you must be feeling!!

Does your stomach make extremely loud noises especially when lying down?!? Mine sounds like there is a party going on down there mostly at night

• Posted

Please do keep in touch Debbie, wish you the best of luck next week and let us know the results if possible!

• Posted

Will let you know results next week. Yes, my stomach constantly makes noises, whether I have food in there, or not. Very annoying. 
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

Hope your procedures went well today, did you get the results immediately or do uou have to wait?!?

• Posted

Does anyone else's throat seem to make weird noises, Ive never had that before sounds like I'm eating ppopping candy?!? Really weird

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.