Happy Mothers Day to All MaMas!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ALL! Micro small movement has occerd since my follow up on 4/26 and the the fall of the house of cards doom and gloom.I maintain a joyful & uplifted attitude however,as its always better for ones general over all wellness;and being sad scared frustrated or angry doesnt help move anything. I still havent received authorization from insurance on Hydro PT so no PT & gait is no better,level of pain is unchanged. Fighting & calling everyday between INS PT and Surgeon.Fighting my job to take me back but they can leagally not have to take me back since no FMLA and w restrictions I am a liability,BUT I faught and faught and now I can work 9-12 hrs a week starting Monday,and thats "at will" so they can say your done any time! HA!! Im grateful its something! I applied for dissability.I applied for SSI. I applied for food stamps.We ll see what happens. I walked for an hour Wed and did lots of errands yesterday. Today my hip bone area on the right operated side is KILLING me plus thigh,my bum and my lower back. I noticed for the first time while laying down this morn that my right side doesnt even feel like it has a hip bone -feels almost FLAT.I used to have big jutting hip bones when younger and thinner,and they could still be felt / seen even as i aged and put on weight. but-the left feels same as always and right side feel much flatter. Any body else notice this on themselves? Well today more "fighting" appointments, so much in and out of the car which hurts alot,.Icing first and after.Then I have to shop for grocery and tonite hopefully can sit thru a play and the seats wont be too low. I find now in these last 2 weeks,8 weeks today, that so much is still so painful and tiring and so much "out there" is undoable and u dont know it till u get there.Tomorrow morning our local farmers market is opening and thats always a fun time to get together friends and those u havent seen in awhile! I cant wait it will be fun -but there again,only standing and walking for over an hour or so...ON Sunday,Mothers Day my son,my son is coming to visit,cook me brunch and hang out for awhile! YAYYY On that uplifted note may I wish all of you Moms a joyous HipHip Hooray Happy Mothers Day!! 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Happy Mothers Day Meg💜I am seven weeks post op from right totsl hip replacement . I'm walking good but still having pain lower back hip and knee. Can't sleep and still in pain meds that don't seem to be doing anything! I get weepy still from the restrictions and knowing I can't do air if things I want to do. Hang in there I know I am better than I was a few weeks ago so I guess there is a light at the long end of the tunnel so trying to stay positive . Wondered why

Y front and back if my thigh and leg is still so uncomfortable and PT toddy told me it is from the surgery they have to have a very tight tourniquet on your upper leg to prevent bleeding so you have to get all that use to using again really miserable

• Posted

Mothers day was March 26 this year in UK ...... confused 

and I thought it was the same day round the world.

• Posted

Happy Mother's Day, Meg! You are fighting the good fight even with all your challenges. Yay on son cooking for you! My son had LTHR and that's why I'm here. Aloha
  • Posted

Happy Mother's Day, Meg! Hope your situation improves. You are doing everything you can for yourself, applying for benefits, and that's not easy. I'm so glad your dear son will be with you on Sunday, and he will even make you brunch. Have a lovely day!
  • Posted

Happy Mother's Day Meg.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time of it. I know that my own progress improved fairly dramatically after 10 weeks and I hope the same will occur for you.  

I really hope things improve for you and that you have a great brunch with your son. I am going out with my daughter (a craft show and brunch).

Best wishes.

Linda 

As for the knee pain - it is tough isn't it. So many of the connective tissues join up around the knee that it is very painful with the manipulations during surgery and changes to our gait (ongoing) continue to affect these. My PT gave me a host of exercises to do to strengthen my quads, release tension in my IT band and in my hamstrings and help reallign my knee). These are helping me and I know that as the date for my second THR approaches later this summer ... these will stand me in good stead.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.