Head aches and neck pains every day.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 16 years old and i have neck pains every day and seem to get head aches a lot almost every day. I am on the computer a lot of the time when i am home. I am not sure if it is because i am moving my head so much or if its from my posture when i sit. If any of you have any advice on what can help that would be great. I seem to get head aches like an hour or 2 before i get tired and go to bed and neck pain about that time too.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My chiropractor told me she sees a lot of neck problems caused by patients either sitting in one position and holding a mouse, or ( worse in her opinion) looking down at a phone/tablet for long periods of time. 

My headaches ( worst I've ever known and I've had migraines for over 40 years) were caused by a problem in my neck. The muscles clamped up, squeezing nerves and blood vessels. 

The chiropractor managed to stop most of my pain with manipulation. I've found the key is to relax the muscles. Heat helps--- a hot shower directing the water onto my neck. Sometimes an ice pack on my neck helped but lately I find heat is better. 

I think you've already found your problem--- sitting using the computer--- we all do the same these days. Try making yourself move around every 20 minutes. Stand up, move your head up and down, side to side and tip your head over towards your shoulder each side. Rotate and swing your arms and generally loosen up as many muscles as possible before going back to the computer.

• Posted

Do computer screens give off any electrical signals that can give hedaches
    • Posted

Yes indeed they do, thats why i have a program that limits the blue light that comes from the computer monitor. Not only do i use that but i have glasses that makes the light less harmfull for your eyes and proven to help with head aches. I think the problem is more of me sitting in one spot for a long period fo time.
  • Posted

The light given off by the screen can cause headaches. Many people ( including me) also get migraines from lights in offices or shops.

i don't know about the types of light the screens give off but when I first changed to using a tablet I had terrible problems with the screen light. No matter how much I turned it down, I had a headache starting within 10-15 minutes. Lucky for me it died after a week and I changed to an iPad mini. Not had to adjust screen and don't get headaches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.