Cyborgs...

Posted , 9 users are following.

I just read an online article from a South Australian newspaper that quoted a doctor as saying people with artificial hips are part-cyborg. What do we all think of that status? (Personally, I quite like it. Makes me more high-tech than my kids.)

4 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Belle,

I like this too, my nephew, who's 10 asked me recently if my 'bionic' hip was working yet? 😂

Fiona

• Posted

Lol , I've been called some things in my life but never that ....😀😀
  • Posted

Well l probably have been called worse of some people so cyborg is quite funny ha ha 😂😂
  • Posted

I acquired the nickname Robowoman from a young neighbour 6 years ago when I had to wear a Jaz brace on my left arm to regain flex and function in a badly broken arm and hand (no good comes from falling while shoveling snow alone at night with your cell phone in your purse in the car). I had to wear it three separate hour-long sessions a day and neighbourhood kids really were fascinator by it.

So the new hip and another expected in late summer, are simply taking me a little firth er down the road of my alter personna! I kind of like the cache although our numbers are growing at such a rate that e are not such an anomaly!

Enjoy the opportunity to flex your muscles!

• Posted

I have a T-Shirt that says "Gone Bionic" .... gets a few laughs.

On the Cyborg theme - when our son in law got his doctorate, he became known in the family as "The Doctor" as he is 'into' Doctor Who.

Graham

• Posted

I've been saying I'm like the 6 million dollar man, although I guess now a days thats a bit on the cheap side. Maybe the 6 billion dollar man. 
  • Posted

Aww, I like the cyborg thing, lol. I get called the bionic woman at work, wish I could jump like her lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.