i cant motivate myself at all my mind feels like its completely dead

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi there....wondered if anyone could help me with some imput...ive suffered from severe depression and anxiety non stop for just over two years now...as in my mind never stops thinking ever not for one minute of the day.....its driving me crazy to the point where i lack any motivation whatsover to do anything.....i dont give a damn about my personal appearence...finding it hard to shower wash hair etc...and my flat is a complete mess......and for whatever reason i just cant seem to start or want to do anything......its the not wanting to that is really scaring me...its like ive given up on my life and its torture....i cant do anything then i cant stand the fact that ive done nothing...and this goes on and on...i used to be the total opposite and now im hiding away not wanting to talk to anyone at all...pushing people away not able to get outside and am now very scared that i will be like this forever.....advice would be much appreciated.....i am flat like i have no joy in anything at all.....hate being inside but toon scared to go out 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You have classical depression symptoms....it gets us all like that. You need to explain to your doc and get some meds
    • Posted

thank you im o meds already guess they not doing the job might have to go for a rethink..cheers for advice
  • Posted

Hi Lesley

I am coming out the other side of what you are going through now..

Have you been to see your doctor?

Are you on medicationfor depression?

Have you been referred to  a mental health nurse??

Would you consider counselling??

These are all vey important steps in getting support at a difficult time.

The advice that I was given because I couldn't understand why I felt exactly as you do now was not to be hard on myself..Accept that this how you feel at the minute and with the right support you can get through the other end of this..

You won't be like this forever I thought that too because it was so long lasting.. 

I was also told that medication is just part of gettng better and that I had to help myself as well.. 

I have wrote a post on the Depression forum named  Depression and Me to let people know they are not on their own in how they feel..

• Posted

id go see your docs and say there not doing what there suppose to ,in the mean time get yourself on green tea,4 cups a day it will relax you and also helps trust,good luck ,be satrong and know your not alone 
  • Posted

Hi Lesley I can completely relate to you as I have no motivation to get out of bed, brush my teeth or get a shower. I also feel flat and have no enjoyment from anything. The only advice I can give is to keep going, keep trying and talk as much as possible to the right people about how you're feeling. Being on the right meds is vital and having therapy. Take care, Ben
  • Posted

that's what it's like when your depressed. Be patient and you will be better at organising yourself.  Are you on any medication at the moment?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.