Achilles' tendon surgery ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I had my Achilles' tendon surgery two weeks ago last night I fell twice and now I am having numbness and tingling in my foot except when I get a sharp shooting pan. Do I need to call Doctor? I am still in cast

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello LorI

So sorry to hear that! I would call your doctor and explain what happened. Dont leave it as it's better to be safe then sorry. Numbness isn't good so .....

Gd luck and let me know how you get on.

Nikky

• Posted

Hi Nikki, I'd get ahold your Dr. ASAP I just had quadricep tendon repair surgery 2 weeks ago and the pain is incredible I'm calling my surgeon Tuesday morning. Good luck Nikki!

• Posted

Hey Lori,

I would definitely make the call. If for nothing else your piece of mind perhaps you may have only tweeked another muscle. It is strange what goes through your mind. Every little twitch and 'strange' feeling you get you probably are thinking the worst or what the heck is going on with this now! The surgery obviously had to be performed and from everyone I know that has had it and from every doctor that relates to it - this surgery will bring you back to 100% it's just that you have to be'patient and follow doctor's & therapists orders. You will be fine. But call and talk to someone who can help. Remember either way you will feel better knowing what is going on. Keep the faith!

• Posted

Thanks everyone! I called our nurse line thru the insurance company and they told me to call so I went ahead and left message for answering service and hopes the doctor will call me back soon...
  • Posted

Hi Lori

The tendon do not just break off again .. but there is a thin membrane that could tear open. This could result in infection. Therefore you should revisit your surgeon soonest.

Rather be sure than sorry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.