Using an Iwalk2 for Achilles injury

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a UK site so bear with me!

I tore my achilles tendon a while ago and whilst I couldn't put any weight through it, I bought an Iwalk 2 which is a knee crutch giving freedom to walk and be hands free. (lotd on info onlie about it) I am now able to put weight through my leg and no longer need it. They are quite expensive at around £180 but if anyone would like to buy it off me, please message me for details as I'd be looking at arund £100. I can honestly say I would have been lost without it and the Dr.s at the hospital hadn't seen one and kept making me show them how it worked! The NHS should get some but I'm sure they haven't got any at all. There's only one retailer in the UK which is where I got mine from. Let me know if you're interested.

Aly

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ali I might be interested in the crutch, I was put in a cast yesterday for a ruptured Achilles' tendon & told it would be on for at least 6 weeks, I am not a person who likes being stuck in the house so would like to be able to go out with out normal crutches,

Can you let me know the lowest you will go as I am self employed & got no money coming in at the mo. Also your location in the uk. ?? Thanks a lot Gary

• Posted

Hi Gareth,

Sorry to hear about your injury. It's horrible isn't it. Well I can now put weight through my leg so only really used the I walk for a couple of weeks. It is brilliant and I wouldn't have been without it. I'm also self employed and need to drive for my work hence the £100 price tag. I would usually negotiate but I'm pretty broke as I've missed two weddings I was meant to photograph and obviously still can't drive.

I'm in Chesterfield in Derbyshire and if you're nearby, and get get a lift, you're welcome to try it first.

All the best

Aly

• Posted

Actually Aly I am definitely interested in the crutch so

If you can't go any lower I will probably meet your price. Hope to hear from you soon.

my number is 07920018388

Many thanks Gary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.