Wife gets double vision after waking

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the last few days, my wife says she gets double vision for 5-10 minutes after waking up. It really only seems to be for distant objects and not ones right in front of her face. It starts to fade after 5 minutes and goes away. I've told her to see a doctor but she refuses, should I push the issue? She's 33.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Maybe it's just a form of sleep paralysis. Does she ever sort of wake up but find she can't move her limbs

Have you heard of narcolepsy? Can it be ruled out?

Could be something more serious though – Lyme disease looks like just one possibility. She should get it checked out.

• Posted

I have had the same thing just in the mornings but mine is an after effect of shingles in the eye, Mine is due to the muscle one side not working properly with the other eye and I have seen an orthoptic dr who did various tests and said I had nothing to worry about, however, if your wife has had no illness involving her eye etc then I would definitely get her to see a dr who can refer her to an eye clinic, as drs are not experts in eye care, It could be something very simple but our eyes are so important so don't just ignore it,I was worried about losing my vision but luckily that didn't happen because for the last few months I have had regular check ups., and various eye drops Good lock 

• Posted

Id see an opthamologist, if nothing more then for peace of mind. I have an eye apt today with one,i dread going,bit sight is to precious to not be careful.X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.