Cramping after first attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! I had my first divirticulitis attack on June 20th this year. I was put on antibiotics for 7 days... the sharp left pain went away. I still have mild pelvic cramping on and off for the past 4 days. No fever, chills..a little gas and shoulder pain.am I just healing or am I having another attack?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

You may still have some infection left causing the pain, Have it checkedĀ 

sooner then later

Jacqueline

• Posted

hi stacy u will need to go back to c ur gp asap n it might be IBS , i take buscopan to treat the gas , cramps and severe bloating.. hope u feel better soon
  • Posted

I find not eating for a few days and just having water has stop me having to go on antibiotics even though the Dr wanted me to I refused and said I wanted a blood test to see if it was a infection or just a flaire up it turned out it was not a infection so safe myself from those antibiotics as I don't want to get immune .

• Posted

This is the worst. Those antibiotics were horrible. Okay I let a message for my doctor. I'm gonna drink lots of water.

I'm not having any troube going to the bathroom.

I need the cramping to stop. Feels like period cramps so annoying.

Should I eat more fiber during tgis? Take metamucil?

• Posted

No don't eat just fuid for a few days and pain killers do not take fiber at all during flaire ups and when your better no skin's seeds nuts or veg that's cause wind

• Posted

So this is a flair up but not an attack?

What kind of liquids do you recommend?

I tried acetomidphen (sp?) But that didn't help with the cramping pain

• Posted

You need to go for a blood test to see if it's infection insist on one in the mean time clear soup lots of water

• Posted

Is going for a walk a good idea? Will it help with inflammation?
    • Posted

No Stacy rest . Ifound taken colofac which is a part of the mebeverine family I get from the drs helps with the cramping also I take Acidophilus 20 billion which I got from HB .rest hot water really helps and bowel rest whicheans fuid only for at least 2/3 days then easy digested food

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.