Neck pain after 5.5 months getting in a car accident

Posted , 2 users are following.

good morning,

I was in a bad car accident on Jan 16, 2016, nearly 6 months ago. I went to rehab up until about a month ago because my symptoms were just about gone.

Yesterday, I was experiencing neck pain just like it was two days after the accident and it got worse throughout the day. It hurts to yawn, put my hair up, turn right and turn left and push my head forward or bend down. It starts in my lower neck and hits the top of my spine.

Is this normal? I don't want to have to start going back to rehab. Any help at all would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mary

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did you have an MRI or CT scan after the accident
    • Posted

I've been through 3 spinal injuries and the best thing that I can say to you is get up every morning and do your stretch exercises that you have learnt at rehab. If you stop doing them it doesn't take long to catch you out again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.