Scar - a few questions?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, I know there has been lots of posts about scars but I can't find any of them!

I'm now 6.5 weeks post-op & over the last few days my scar (which so far I'm quite proud of)! has turned a darker shade of red & has a very light rash (only small) at one end. I've been trying to find some online resource but all I can find is info about keloid scars & it most definitely isn't that. Anyone else had a change in colour? X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you had you scar in direct sunlight?
    • Posted

Hi Sarah, hope you are getting on ok. No, I haven't been in the sun, definitely not with my backside out! X

• Posted

Ahh haha ok. Just sun exposiure can turn them darker. Tbh mine started of pink and is now a deep purple and the colour is kinda spreading outwards which looks kinda weird. If your corncerned, maybe go to your GPs?
    • Posted

I'm seeing the surgeon on Thursday for my 1st check up so I'll mention it to him x

• Posted

Yeah probably for the best. I might mention mine whenever the hell i see him again 😂
    • Posted

Hi Fernlady , 

I noticed the same with both my scars ... first it looked good, thin line, but as time went on the line  got darker and deeper .... 2 visible zippers now ...

during the healing process sometimes I felt some stabbing or pulling - I don't like the feel of them but a little massage around the scar helps.

hope you are doing good otherwise

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

You might look at the website BoneSmart as they have good pictures of scars at different time frames.Hopefully that will be helpful.
  • Posted

Hi there, 

I'm 10 weeks post op now and my scar has turned a dark shade of red.  I think its normal. I had dissolvable stitches internally, the skin was glued togther. When I saw my consultant, he said that as the stitches disolved I may get a red rash around the wound which was normal. I didnt experience anything though.  So it might be that?  If your worried though, its probably best to ask. 

David.

• Posted

Thanks David. I had staples & haven't had any problems at all. It just looks a bit different x

• Posted

Maybe it's just the next stage ? I guess the outside heals up quickly but who knows how long it takes for the inside - my kegs are quite chunky!!! That's an awful lot of healing to take place !!!!

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.