Esomeprazole

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since my operation last year to remove yet another Tumour, this time alogn with a part of my right lung I have been suffering with Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (indigestion) - which can at times be rather painful.

I have been prescribed three different types of medication by my GP; all have been unsuccessful in combating the persistent indigestion.

I have been on Esomoerprazole, 40mg, for one day now and the result is truly remarkable - I had a pain/discomfort free evening.

Can they really work this quickly?

I am awaiting blood test results for H Pylori, in the meantime the Esomoerprazole seems to be doing the trick for me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have just been reading about Esomeprasole ( Nexium ). Others who have had it prescribed I have just read one on the internet say the same. It appears to have more of a healing quality. I too have just recently been suffering from this unpleasant condition. First I was given Omeprazole not as good as Esomeprazole. I am now on Ranitidine. I am awaiting an appointment for my Gastroscopy, I will ask for Esomeprazole nowwhen I have had this procedure. I would like to know why my GP did not give this to me also.
  • Posted

Hi both I have just been prescribed Escomeprazole 40mg, was on Omperazole 40mg and they worked a bit so hospital changed me to Escomeprazole, been on them for 2 days and was wondering how ling before I see a difference cause so far I feel horrible plus she gave me Colofac for IBS not sure whether to take them or not please help xx
  • Posted

I am feeling lots better, I have been on Ranatidine since my last post. I have been very good no chocolate no coffee or tea or alcohol. I have only been taking one Ranatidine a day this last week. I have non seasonal ryhinitis also and find Benedryl with Acrivavistine better than the meds the doctor gives me. I have Asthma also and. tonight I have had a couple of glasses of white wine as I feel I can manage that now. Three months ago before Ranatidine I was feeling very sore with Osophagitis. I still do not have an appointment confirmed for the Gostroscopy my GP has put in for. I get a form of IBS also I think mine is linked to a wheat allergy, I had a blood test with York Laboratries, to test my Allergies, but they just found me Gluton intolerance .
  • Posted

Ive just stopped taking Esomeprazole, (Emozul) was on 40mg daily for the past 3 months, it worked wonders for my Nausea and stomach ache. but I started to get very depressed and paranoid, just shutting a cupboard door annoyed me, I was very bad tempered as well. I was even considering suicide, (just not like me) it turned out to be the Emozul. Its 2 days since I stopped taking them and I feel much better mentally. that awful feeling is going now. Ive now gone back to ranitidine 150mg twice daily, Im back to suffering from nausea and stomach ache, but sooner suffer that then go out of my mind.
  • Posted

Hi there, you are fortunate if after just one day the Esomeprazole is working for you.  I have been on Omeprazole for about 4 years, with the amount gradually climbing up to 40mgs a day. Just had a Gastroscopy that revealed a redness in the stomache lining. They've taken biopsies and put me on Esomeprazole.  Unfortunately for me, although I have tried to persevere with the new meds, I find that half an hour after my evening meal, an hour after taking 40mgs Emeprazole, I'm still in agony and have to resort to taking a further 20 mgs of the ordinary Omeprazole to calm it down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.