Is taking 3 x 7.5mg zopiclone an overdose?

Posted , 42 users are following.

My partner has just gone to bed feeling very depressed and I have just found a packet of Zopiclones he took: he took 3 x 7.5 = 22.5 mg.

I don't think it is a lot as he used to take a hell of a lot more, but I wonder if I should worry? How many zopiclones does one need to take in order to start worrying about having taken an overdose?

Thanks for any advice.

1 like, 75 replies

75 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I do think he should get checked out & it could be a sign he needs help
  • Posted

Hi - I agree, taking the Z doesn't solve anything much. Certainly won't help with depression. Neither will alcohol , which if taken with this med will make him very sick. The 3 will make him comatose - make sure no more are taken and no drinking and no driving. It will take a full 24 hours to wear right off. Maybe more. Z quickly loses it's desired effect after a few weeks / high doses and you are just left with the toxicity. Yuk. He needs to have the low mood seen to, not eat sleeping pills. I have been down all these roads and now speak from a happy place. Best wishes. David.
  • Edited

I am glad you have managed to come back from that dark world. My partner is still there, and I am trying to very gently convince him to go to Narcotics Anonymous. He does already have some help: his GP, a psychiatrist he sees every month and a half (the best the NHS can afford!), a private psychotherapist (every week), and his eldest daughter as well as me, being supportive without trying to tell him what to do as we are aware it won't work. It is the insomnia combined with depression that is the problem.

How did you succeed? How long did it take you? I am interested in anything you can say that helped you find a way out and stay out.

Thank you.

• Posted

For everyone depression/anxiety/stress experiences are different.For me mine started from a new job,bullying from boss & colleagues & a very stressful job.Two years on im still anxious still angry inside & also very low. I went through ten sessions counselling nhs fund only 10.I then got assessed & managed see to a Psychologist- for me this has been a diseaster as my meds were reduced & I haven't bonded with the professional.Last year I had glimpses of the light due to joining a book club,a long family holiday & focusing on sons wedding.

Depression gives you highs & lows you can be quite content & then bingo the black cloak enverlopes you & you are sucked into the tunnel.A good support network & friends helping can break that cloak .Im still trying to loosen my cloaks hold by acknowledge I need meds & I will try & weather the side effects.

Your partner has started help already & he will have his own oace & ways of finding his sunshine.Maybe he could join this forum first & chat to others.

• Posted

i'm there now in that dark place inches away from who know what. Otherwise I wouldnt be researching if Zoplicone would do the job

• Posted

Dont* even xx excuse spellin!!♡♡
    • Posted

Me too Maria! My psychiatrist told me they weren't addictive...ive been on a number of different tablets and the ones I'm on are making me so anxious are depressed...i thinking the same as you sad

• Posted

Hi AimeeMarie so sorry I didn't see your messages earlier but they went to my Spam. Are you Ok?

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that Nadia. Somehow I manage to get past it, t seems to be off and on, I can be ok and then I'm down again. I hate the medications the doctor gives me I don't end up taking them, I get the shakes I get anxious and really uncomfortable. So I tend to just pull myself out of the dark place eventually by getting busy. I work so that helps. I am looking after my grandchildren, 3 of them at the moment as my daughter needed a break. But I'm afraid because I don't know when the next time might be and I might not be able to pull myself out next time.

• Posted

Thank you Amanda Somehow I manage to get past it, t seems to be off and on, I can be ok and then I'm down again. I hate the medications the doctor gives me I don't end up taking them, I get the shakes I get anxious and really uncomfortable. So I tend to just pull myself out of the dark place eventually by getting busy. I work so that helps. I am looking after my grandchildren, 3 of them at the moment as my daughter needed a break. But I'm afraid because I don't know when the next time might be and I might not be able to pull myself out next time. Thanks though

• Posted

I'm there with you. I've taken 5 x 7.5mg Zopiclone. I just feel worthless and can't go on with my life. I live in pain, mentally and physically.

• Posted

Hi charley how are you feeling now? I'm in a bad place that's why I'm here! Sorry I don't know where to start I take so many of these zopiclone and there7.5

• Posted

Hi Maria, I know u posted a while ago and hope u r ok. I'm going thru pretty much the same thing and I just don't know what else to do. I have a great husband and two amazing boys that have to watch me go thru this everyday and i wonder if it's really worth it. There's no light anymore just dark. Any advice would be more than welcome. I'm stuck.

• Posted

Maria, i feel the same way. i send u a bunch of hugs, on the brink of despair but i am still full of love!
    • Posted

Noone is worthless, we are all worth a lot and it just takes time to realize your worth it sometimes. I've been there and still feel down on myself a lot but we all got a lot to love for even if we don't recognize it. Stay strong and know you and all others have plenty of support and love sent your way

• Posted

I'm sorry, I wasn't spamming, my first post was a question to a different post but it landed n here for some reason and when I attempted a second time it posted here again, my apologies

• Posted

last year i downed around 13 x 7.5mg pills before being thrown in a car and taken to the hospital at night.

they monitored me all night with not much fuss or interest. nothing administered to me. thrown into the mental health system s**t. after signing my soul away for the days coming i walked out of the hospital that morning.

long story short she was probably fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.