Amoxicillin

Posted , 4 users are following.

:evil:

Nasty antibiotic, helps most infections however every time i am prescribed it causes severe thrush everytime !!

I am now requesting an alternative as i cannot live this way.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You can help prevent trush from Amoxy by taking a prebiotic such as Yakult at least once a day, preferably twice a day. This puts back the good bacteria that Amoxy kills and so gives thrush.  You can also ask your Doctor to prescribe the Canestan single dose aling with your Amoxy script and use this AFTER youve finished Amoxy.
  • Posted

It's also worth discussing a low GI/Sugar Free/Low Carb diet with your doctor, to see if you can try to tailor your food/drink intake to make sure that you are still consuming all of your RDA of nutrients, but without all the extra sugar. The candida albicans yeast thrives on sugar. If you deprive it of an excess amount of sugar you can inhibit the growth rate. Look for the candida diet on google and see if your doctor would find it a suitable diet for you to follow, in order to help reduce your likelihood to developing thrush and/or helping to manage a current bout of it.
  • Posted

Also, you could try taking Olive Leaf Extract. You can get it from Holland & Barret or any large natural supplement store. OLE is a natural extract that can help manage thrush. 
  • Posted

A few spoonfulls of plain live yoghurt every day while taking the amoxycilin works wonders.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.