Lofepramine 240mg - taken at night

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've been on Lofepramine for 5 years now and its certainly helped control my depression although i still have off days and i take another anti-depressent at the same time to help me sleep. My Psychiatrist said i could take 240mg but the pharmacists and internet all say this is too much but it doesn't say why. DOes anyone else take this much? DOes anyone take all their dosage at once? I take all four tablets at night so i don't forget them. Again my Psychiatrist said this was seperated to avoid problems with the stomach i.e heartburn etc and if i didn't get this then taking them all at once was ok. DOes anyone else do this?

Anyones knowlegde would be good.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

My doctor said I couldnt take anymore than 3 x70mg a day as this was the highest dosage which i take 1x in monring, lunchtime and before I go to my bed. I have been on them for 6or7 years now and have increased them again as im having bad paranio which my doctor said is down to my father passing away in May and the time of year and that now is not a good time to change them. Im also being referred for CBT therapy. Im hoping this will all help me. I was previously on efexor xl but then they changed it to this one.

I would consider changing them but am worried what i will be like when they ween me off them onto the next ones as I have been there before and it wasnt pretty.

• Posted

my wife has recently had her doseage of Lofepramine raised from 210mg to 280 mg, (140am and 140pm) by the psychiatric consultant who is treating her.

After renewing her prescription this morning I was contacted by her GP who was concerned that her references put maximum doseage at 210mg.

I have asked GP to talk to Consultant.

• Posted

i've been on them for 3 years i take 210mg in morning and 210 at bed time thats 420mg per day and feel good for it.
  • Posted

Good morning tomcat. I am intrigued to know how you got up to a daily dose of 420mg when the BNF maximum is 210mg per day. I have had my dose increased by my psychiatrist to 280mg as I had little or no response at 210mg. Did you have a partial response at 280mg and then tried 350mg and so on? What side effects if any did you experience? Regards John77
  • Posted

I took 70mg in mornning and before bed. I took this for 1 year. The side effect i got lasted for the whole 12 months. I have stopped taking them for abt 1 year now but my side effects are still with me.. erectile dysfunction and fatty liver problems. has this med caused damage to my sex ability?
  • Posted

iv bean on them now for 3 days i have 1 at night cose by the time i get up and do what i got to do its night i get dry moth and feel tired and abit dizzy after haveing them i feel abit drunk wen iv had it i dont no if im weeing right to can any one help and tell me what there side effets or
  • Posted

Morning all, been on these for 5 weeks now and still not sleeping anyone else suffer from this? I also feel high?drunk for a while after taking them and I am now so tired all the time as only getting a couple of hours disturbed sleep, that it feels impossible to do anything.They will not even let me go back to sleep after waking which is most annoying. Been off of work for the past 5 weeks with a planned return next week but still feel depressed and the not sleeping is not conducive with the amount of driving I have to do.
  • Posted

iv bean on them a mouth now still dont feel any diffret apart from condepashon wich is realy bad sleeping is not so good to and abit of a headack and tired most of the time and bleeding alot from the back
  • Posted

Hi

i've been on 45 mg Mirtazapine and the psychiatrist has said that as it's not working, she'll taper this down and put me on Lofepramine.  I'm terrified as although the Mirtazapin doesn't help the chronic anxiwty during the day, it does give me a night's sleep.  I'm terrified that I'm going to have this chronic anxiety and palpitations during the night if I don't sleep on the new table, especially as the are going to start me on a low dose.  What dose would you recommend

.best wishes

Nessie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.