Vasaline, garlic and thread worms? HELP

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hey, I found thread worms last night and was up all night with them, I had to go to work at 7am this morning so I'm very irritable. I've been looking after my brother's son for the past 2 weeks so I think maybe that's how I've got them. I heard that vasaline is a good solution, (applying it to your anus) I was wondering if the females can't get out of your anus to lay their eggs due to the vasaline, where will they lay them? I heard that they tend to lay them inside of you if you cover your anus in vasaline or pop a garlic clove up your back passage, so they start their life cycle again, is this true? I'm on the Meb tablets and am fed up of waiting for them to go, me and my boyfriend are going on holidays in 5 days and I don't want to be riddled with worms.x

1 like, 47 replies

47 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Sarah,

It is not so good to be in your situation is it?  You say you have "threadworms", but how have you identified them?  Threadworms are usually slinder, round and long.  Is this what you have seen, or are they very small, white, about one or two cms long?

To have such a malady also works on your nervous system constantly, as you are worried when, where, and for how long these things will keep on doing what they do at the most inopportune time.  I do understand your predicament.

My advice to you is to ensure a correct diagnosis of the kind of parasite you have, in order to get the correct medication to eradicate this vermin from your body.  Good luck on finding a doctor that not only will listen to your complaints, but has the common decency to appropriately treat you.  From what I read on the internet, most doctors will just chalk you up as having parasitosis -- psychological condition, "It's all in your head, kind of thing.

• Posted

they are around 2cm long and very thin but from what I have read they are threadworms and asbolutley horrible. in just 2 days i have spent my whole 48 hours cleaning obsesively not to mention I haven't eaten or slept. The symptoms (the wriggling) has seamed to ease, but last night they were out in force (I read they come out most at night), let's just hope that the symptoms have eased for good, not just for the afternoon! 
    • Posted

Ray18269, I mean omgoodness. My GP saod she said I had MeRSA, and would not listen to what I had to say, or to show her. THEN, as is I were twelve, she asked my husband if he would come to the hallway for a short chat. Oh yeah, feeling secure now. Doc tell him i am being delusional as a result of meds ( not changed or altered in years) Ok Bxxxx, you are not feeling this. There is so much to this. Went to ER as the lil basterds now coming from my eye. Three Drs in, t rounds of Emverm, maybe I am mental. I'm off to a infectious Disease Dr on Thurs.

Best to you all. Power on when you body is talking, listen to it!

• Posted

Hi, I tried Vaseline and garlic it did not work I even went to the CDC all on my own the Dr. Called me crazy. I was so glad to get rid of them using EPAZOTE herb try it, google it, it works.
    • Posted

I went to see a pharmacist who was very kind and understanding, my doctor accuses me of being crazy on a normal day so have refused to go see him. Thanks for your suggestion
    • Posted

Hey Nopin, could you please give me some specific instructions on how you used the Epazote? I bought some the other day and have made s tea from it that I've been drinking each morning and evening and honestly it's the only thing that has taken away the itch. But I'm not sure if I'm using the correct amount or how long I'm supposed to use it. Any advice would be appreciated, I've had them for about 3 years now and now my school aged son has them too.

• Posted

Hi how did u use epazote ? Did u eat it or applied it
  • Posted

Hi!

Well, unfortunately if you apply the vaseline to the bum they may 'migrate'.......I learned the hard way, but they will try to go around or in your vagina.

Some people won't do the garlic in the bum but I would go for it.

• Posted

You could get some Citricidal from Higher nature , or Amazone its usefull stuff.For washing you hands in and dabbing diluted  around the bottom half ( never neat ) and taking against the horrid things.

I am going to try that herbe some one said ,forgot the name now.

• Posted

First of all let me sympathise with you.  I found out I had threadworms 3 years ago, heaven knows how long it took before I realised the irritation wasn't a recurring pile.Have tried most chemicals (including Ovex (medendazole), Albendazole and Stromectin (both from Canada) to no avail.  Herbal remedies including the cloves, wormwood and green walnut. I have also tried diatomaceous earth, and quite a considerable amount of other 'remedies but I have ordered some of the Epazote that was mentioned in this thread.  I will try almost anything apart from the garlic in the bum suggestion. 

Vaseline has proven to be much more agravating in that the worms (which look like small skin like flakes) appear to have a problem getting off the vaseline when they hatch.  The eggs need oxygen to hatch so I don't think the problem of them hatching inside you is feasible.  The life cycle is approximately 2/3 weeks when the females travel down the bowel to lay the eggs.  If you are not badly infested you may be able to rid them within a week or two but sometimes it may take 3-4 months to make absolutely sure that they have gone.

• Posted

Hi Balmont glad you found this EPAZOTE herb where you live. All y
    • Posted

All you need is one dose of an 16oz glass if you like which I did was to add 2 table spoons of Epsom salt it works as a laxative and gets your bowels moving fast plan on a day of no activities your bum will be busy all day. Drink tons of water to stay hydrated and remember to eat light.
    • Posted

I have actually bought the seeds after searching the internet to find Epazote. Aparently the mexicans use the herb a lot in their cooking.  I have read that the seeds can be sprinkled on food.  How did you find out about the epazote?
    • Posted

We use it in my country to deworm twice per yr. I moved to the United States and stopped deworming thinking I did not need it since the US is so sterile well to my dismay not so sterile since I caught the Vermont 1yr ago. Visited my dr. Who treated me for 5 months and yet still I could not get rid of them finally I thought hey wait a minute and went to the Mexican super market and found the herb fresh for .69cents a bunch. Immediately the following morning I had a dose and saw even the mother worm in my poop...lol...relief since then and no more worms. I have decided to deworm every six months now just in case I do not want to be infected again....never...yuck.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.  Can't get the herb fresh here so I opted for the seeds.  For the first time since getting these threadworms I have some hope.  I have read so many comments from young people and people with kids who are suffering terribly with threadworms and my heart bleeds for them as I know how soul destroying it is.  I am older and if I had to have them for the rest of my life I would be sad so others who are younger I really feel for. 

Sometimes folks think that they can be killed within the two weeks that conventional medicine is supposed to take and they can (like myself) cannot believe that it can take up to 4 months to clear.  With so many of the population having them and not knowing that you could be infected is frightening, about time the drug companies came up with something to kill the eggs which apparently are almost indestructable before it really gets out of hand and everyone has them. 

• Posted

Hi Balmpot, isn't it awful. I don't think anyone will realise the irritation or the emotional distress it can cause once you have them. I haven't been out in 2 weeks even though it's my holiday off work, I'm cleaning obessively, I'm not eating I am a complete mess. I dread night times because I know thats when they come out. But, I have taken Mebendazole and seams to have stopped the wriggling.. It is 11:30pm now and I don't feel anything yet. Obviously I have felt the slight wriggle throughout the day but it's dying down (touch wood).. I read on the internet to take another one in 7-10 days rather than 14 as this is when the worms reach sexual maturity, so to basically rid myself of the eggs. I will probably purchase these tablets to take every 3 months or so and also take cloves or something, I hope you sort your problem! Also can't believe there isn't a completely reilable treatment for these pests yet, heartbreaking especially for children.
    • Posted

Nopin,

Thank you for posting that herbs are a very good dewormer, especially Epazote herb, or Mexican Tea, as some call the herb.  Through you, I have found on the Internet all you stated about the herb, and must be so true.  I am going to try the herb, thanks to your post and comments.

Warmest wishes!

• Posted

Your welcome Ray you won't be sorry. Please remember to post your results after you use the herb so you can help someone else. Warmest wishes to you as well.
    • Posted

Thank you Nopin.  You will see my results, guaranteed, if I am able to post when I know for sure.

There is a caveat, however, and that is to not injest too much of the herb at one time.  Doing so can be deadly!

• Posted

Ray I just had a 16oz glass last Tuesday for my 6months clean out and I am still alive. My Mexican friend told me than in Mexico they drink the herb for 9days straight not Thatbis not necessary since I tried it and one 16oz dose for 1 day did the trick I just have to make sure that now I keep to my schedule every 6 months. I also have it to my 12yr old in the spring and it cleared his allergies....miracle herb?? My household uses this herb "well now we do" every 6months. I don't want to have worms ever ever again.
    • Posted

lol, don't worry about the typos Nopin.  I think we can figure out what you say.  Mistakes are always there for the typing.

Why I put the caveat is because there is a substance within the leaf that when taken in very large doses (what ever that is), it can and does cause cancer.  Therefore, that is why I placed the caveat.  You are probably OK only drinking one 16oz glass of water, but I would not desire you to drink one 16oz glass of water with the herb in it, for 7 to 10 days straight.  That's my point.  Your friend the Mexicans probably have built up some immunity for the herb, which allows them to do what they do.  I would not recommend it for someone just starting to drink the mixture.

lol, I over the hill at 67, so that doesn't worry me one bit either.

Have a good one, and God bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.