WPW without racing pulse

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else have WPW without a racing heart (pulse)?  I have tons of PVC's.  Symptoms are pounding heart, pain in chest, down arm, in neck and sometimes dizziness.  I've been monitored and had echocardiograms, stress tests and a few others.  I'm going to have an ablation next month.  I haven't read about a lot of people with WPW without the racing pulse.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you ever experienced a racing pulse? I've had those symtpoms separately from a racing pulse and I frequently become dizzy when walking (without racing pulse). How was the ablation? I am considering getting one in the future. 
    • Posted

Hi lhspry,

I have experienced racing pulse, however not very often. I actually ended up getting 2 ablations back to back, one last September and a second last November. The pounding of my heart is gone. I used to be able to look down at my chest and see it moving it pounded so hard. I still have trouble in the heat and when I get scared or surprised. I get out of breathe and a little dizzy. Overall I'm much better.

• Posted

I have had one ablation. 13 yrs ago. My symptoms have now started comimg back. I have the tightness in the chest and throat dizziness excessive sweating and a quickened heart rate. Now mind you it used to run aroumd 220. Now its only runnin like 100-120
    • Posted

I would definatley get it checked out again. I have heard they can come back in some cases. 
  • Posted

Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. Did you ever get the ablation? I'm scheduled for the EP study/ablation in a few weeks and feeling unsure about it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.