Co-Amoxiclav problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was sent home from hospital with these tablets, the dosage was 625 three times aday. I have managed 3 days but for the last two days I have been in agony with stomach cramps and diarrhoea. I feel awful, in pain and so tired. I am definately never taking these again. :oops:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was prescribed a course of Co-amoxiclav after being admitted to hospital with severe abdominal pain - diagnosed as a urinal tract infection. Now on my third day of treatment and I am having almost continuous diarrhoea, more like dysentry it's so regular, and occasional vomiting. I have taken other penicillins in the past without having this reaction and now intend to insist that I am prescribed an alternative. Given what I've now read on the internet about this drug I would avoid it at all costs in future.
  • Posted

I was given co amoxiclav from A&E after being bitten by a cat on 9th august 2016. Took them for 7 days. Had diarrhoea every morning. Was given them again by my gp. Finished them 2 weeks ago. Still got diarrhoea every morning when I wake up. Does anyone think this is still after effects from the antibiotics. No pain or nausea just diarrhoea.

• Posted

Until about 4 years ago Co-Amoxiclav was both my repiratory consultant's and GP's antiobiotic of choice for me for many years. However about 4 years ago I developed a completely painless and itch-free rash and accordingly now take either a combination of Doxycyclin and Prednisolone or a combination of Flucloxacilin and Metronidazole depending upon the specific ailment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.