They WORK!

Posted , 3 users are following.

After reading all the negative posts on here I thought I would write something positive about taking Dothiepin. I had previously been on dothiepin about 4 years ago as I went to the GP suffering panic attacks and anxiety, they worked well for me back then I I was off them in about a year and a half. Recently I had alot of bad things happen such as job problems, and worries and I found myself slipping back to depression and anxiety. I was having problems sleeping and felt very sad and down most days so my doctor put me back on them. I take a dose of only 25mg every evening and I have to say they have worked wonders for me! After about 2 weeks I felt lifted and relaxed. Obviously everyone os different but I think if you are new to an anit depressant this is a great one to start off with, the only minor side affects I have experienced is drowsyness in the mornings but it soon passes and strong dreams most nights but they are not nightmares or anything just dreams in general, also I tend to sweat more. But these side effects are worth it compared to suffering from anxiety and depression every day, last time I also found them easy to come off my doctor and I just reduced them gradually over a few months. I will probaly be on them for 6- 12 months to get me through this bad phase and be off them again this time next year.

All I can say is do not read all these frightening comments put on here, these other people are different to you and they might be on stronger doses etc.. they worked for me and I would just say try them for about a month see how you get on. Good luck and remember they are there to help you x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi i just started these tablets last night i have been scared to take them after reading the side affects but after reading your comments i felt more confident about them only thing i noticed was that i had a headache when i woke up im only taking 25mg at night to start off with
  • Posted

how are you feeling on them now? when you start any new medicine you mostly get some side effects but it should only be to start with, Im sure after a couple of weeks this will stop, good luck 25mg is a tiny dose!
  • Posted

I too had a very positive experience of taking dosulepin. I had chemotherapy a few years ago for breast cancer and was feeling terribly sick and panicky and couldn't sleep. I started taking 75mg dosulepin after a few days and felt much better almost immediately, was able to sleep without feeling so nauseous and felt much calmer and able to cope with what was happening to me - I'm not sure I would have got through the chemotherapy without the dosulepin - I found them fairly easy to come off as long as you reduce very slowly - no problem. The side effects of drowsiness and dry mouth were worth it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.