Lichen planus and conjunctiva

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone know much about conjunctiva lichen planus?

Ive suddenly developed a case of conjunctivits...been to the quacks and they say its bacterial conjunctivitis, but the treatment they gave has not worked...i have read that lichen planus can in very rare cases affect the eyes and that it can cause corneal scarring which could end up with loss of vision.....does any1 know much about this?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hallo emygee.

It must be frustrating not to recieve a response. I would like to know how you are coping with the conjunctivitis and if it is lp related. I read that lp patches can develop on the eyelids. please respond to this message so that we keep one another informed. look forward to hearing from you emygee.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with conjunctival lichen planus about a year ago. It was confirmed after biopsy. I have been on 2% cyclosporine for about 8 months now. I have had minor surgery on left eye and major surgery on ry eye. I pray I never have to do that again. My doctor is happy with my progress and I assume he will be submitting a paper on my case within the ophthalmology network. It is an extremely rare condition when lichen is not present anywhere else. I had a lot of scar tissue in my rt eye and as difficult as the treatments have been I M thankful it had not caused a loss of vision, the cyclosporine makes the eyes feel like raw meat And I have spent so much of the past year unable to do ordinary things like reading, driving and tv due to the regimen of medications, the pain And the surgery but I have a wonderful doctor who had researched this condition and has guided me thru this. He is Dr. George Escaravage at coastal Carolina eye clinic I. Wilmington nc. I owe him so very much. It isn't over but today we are going to maintenance doses. Thank you Jesus! And thank you for sending me to dr E!
  • Posted

Hello,I am very confused and scared.I have Lichen Planus on my genitals and gums.Now I have burning,red eyes and my doctor can't figure out what is wrong and no medicines are working.All we really know is it is conjunctivitis and it's been here for about two months now. Could this be Ocular Lichen Planus? This all started after being on eyedrops to lower my eye pressure. Can I ask what your eye symptoms look like and how it manifests itself? Please help me understand this.Thanks so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.