Please help, sores around anus

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am wondering if anyone else gets the odd little sore around their anus which can be itchy and a bit sore? I am newly diagnosed and have read a lot about anus itching especially in the night so I understand I may have cut myself in doing so but this is the third or fourth time I've had them now. I have shown a doctor who has said it does not look like herpes, I am wondering if anyone else gets them? Would really appreciate hearing from anyone. Thanks x

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jade, welcome to our unfortunate fold. Anal itching is huge with LS. Scratching is about the worst thing you can do. I've recently rid myself of the large red area surrounding my anus by cutting way back on sugar. I still eat it, but no big doses such as candy bars, butter tarts, and ice cream. After I had some results from that, I decided to cut the two cups of coffee a day, because it put a lot of sugar in coffee. Lo and behold, once I was off coffee, I stopped having urgent, loose bowel movements and the skin is now 100% clear. There are so many women on this forum sharing what works for them. There's a lot we can do in addition to the medicine, which does not work fast. My LS is pretty much in remission after a year on Clobetasol.

I use Clobetasol as prescribed, twice a week now. If you've got this prescription and want to know how to maximize its effectiveness, there's a presentation by a gynae who specializes in vular disorders.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/dr-goldstein-lecture-271556

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.  My mum is a GP and has been absolutely amazing but it is so nice to actually talk to people who are going through the same thing. Thank you for the link xx
    • Posted

I think you are on to something there, when you talk about the sugar, and the coffee.  I have notice that when I eat alot of sugar and coffee I get the out breaks. I am going to cut sugar out of my diet and coffee and let you know what I find. Thank you.
  • Posted

Hi Jade. My main problem is i have a fissures on my anus. Its very sore. Not itchy at all. When you say they does that imply you can see some thing?

Not been here long but the first thing that comes to mind about night anal itch is worms. Have you checked?  I dont mean to come accross as rude but many people i have come across have never wormed themself let alone know they could have worms from contact with pets and children. 

Saying that. Night is the time i would get the worst itch down below. Not sure if it was warmth of plain fatigue for me as i get very itchy esp because of my liver disease. Hope some one with more experience can be of more help. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Wilma, come to think of it, I had pinworms while I was living in a very dusty student house.

Jade, that's worth at least eliminating.

• Posted

I've been seen by a doctor when I had sores and she said that it was just the lichen, but i get the odd bump which I have at the moment. I may mention worms though, just to rule it out. Thank you ever so much for your swift reply x
    • Posted

Thats ok Jade. Might be wrong but just lept to mind. More likely the LS. Hopefully you will get some more helpful information. 

wilma

• Posted

I have the little tiny bumps and a fissure. Sometimes my skin breaks open from my anus and goes up about five inches. I have to be careful how I move or it tears again!
    • Posted

I feel for you Mary. My fissures are nowhere as bad as that but so painful i dread toilet time, washing and applying my creams. Today i decided not to use the cortosone over my rectal area and used an ordinary haemorrhoid ointment called "soov it "

It didnt hurt at all which is a plus as every time i apply the prescribed i cringe in pain for a while after. The prescribed cream is good in and around my womans parts but from what i can tell too harsh for my anal area. 

I do hope you have some relief soon as that must be terrible. I feel like a sooky la la when i hear stories like yours and i lnow mine is damn sore. 

Good luck with finding a solution. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Mary, the little bumps and a fissure sound just what I have. I just wanted to find other people who were going through the same thing as on google and research I couldn't find as much about problems around the anus which is where my lichen scleurosis mainly is. Thank you for replying to me x
  • Posted

Hi Jade, remember that all faecal material contains food digesting  enzymes, and if every scrap is not removed from your undercarriage the enzymes carry on - and will make your skin raw and sore - so if you can use a bidet  it will help a lot, if not use a dampened tissue to make sure all of the area is REALLY clean, even a tiny scrap will make you itch and sore. And i imagine you will have read the threads saying to use a barrier ointment around the vulva - do use it around the anus too, and scratching is a no-no use a damp tissue to soothe and remove the itch - not always convenient especially out shoppong!

Best of luck Sue

• Posted

I had frequent outbreaks of painful itchy sores there for years and was too embarrassed to ask a doctor about it. Finally i did and she said it looked bacterial, not like herpes. She wanted to give me an antibiotic cream to which i know i am allergic. I went home and applied golden seal tincture, just twice, and the sores felt much better and soon vanished. I had one recurrence, much less severe, and treated it the same way. The sores left right away and have not returned. Huge relief!
    • Posted

Hi I was just wondering did you find anything ever triggered these sores? And what where they like? Was the golden seal tincture the only thing that helped? Years ago I had an outbreak and was seen by a doctor who did a swab. I don't remember what was found exactly but it was something that included bacteria. At the time I was given a certain cream and antibiotics and it had cleared up after that. A few days ago while being constipated I really strained when passing a stool and it was extremely painful. After this same day or by night I started getting really itchy and next day developed what seems the same sores from 4-5 years ago!! They are more painful than itchy especially when sitting and the area is pressured etc. Did you get a lot of these outbreaks?

• Posted

Hi angel, the sores and small cuts I have found disappear by using a baby cream, something like Desitin, or sudafed, the steroid cream we all use is too strong in my opinion for these areas, and in some cases make it worse.
    • Posted

Hi thanks for this! I find sudocream doesn't really help me - I may try the ones you mentioned. I'm really sore and it is very painful just want it to settle asap! I find olive oil mixed with tea tree oil helps the most but again is not extremely helpful. Although I've only had this for 2-3 days now so will have to keep using whatever for a while I guess still. I've tried Vaseline and an avil ointment too. Not really sure what to settle for so trying various things :-(

• Posted

I have never used the sudocream, only the Desitin, which worked for me, so maybe try to get that, you can buy it online.
    • Posted

I don't know what caused them. I don't eat sugar or drink caffeinated things. I do have genital herpes so it was confusing. But the goldenseal works.

• Posted

That's odd! This is my second time after 4 years experiencing something like this. Were they painful too then? How do you use the goldenseal on them I have read some really good stuff about goldenseal!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.