How I cured my BV

Posted , 18 users are following.

Okay so I never really struggled with the health of my area down there before the last few years. I have been with the same partner for 3 years and realized I contracted Bacterial Vaginosis from them. I realized immediately that things just felt dirty and then came the odor. Well I struggled with getting rid of it for about 2 years.. They thought it was yeast infections and then realized it was BV but kept prescribing gels and pills. It would come back after a month or two of using the prescriptions. 

I figured out my own way to kill it off you have to be patient though. It really depends on how long you've had the issue. So you'll need to purchase some Boric acid powder (sounds scary), a natural moisturizing oil (Jojoba is good), hydrogen peroxide, and some yeast infection cream from the drugstore. I mixed boric acid with some jojoba oil just so it was a nice paste consistency, and then would apply it inside once a day. Don't get discouraged if it comes back.. Just do it for another week if so. If you feel like you're getting irritated down there you can switch it up and douche with peroxide (which works well too). Since you're killing off a lot of the bacteria I recommend you have yeast cream handy just in case you get itchy. But it worked for me. I would do the boric acid treatments a couple times a week or whenever I felt like things were getting fishy down there. You have to be consistent though the first week do it every night, otherwise you'll just get the overgrowth of the bad bacteria again, it really helps restore everything. It worked for me just be patient!

i posted this because I know it's super depressing and hard on your self esteem. 

4 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I also tried many probiotics and other gels and nothing worked.. So if you've tried most methods and can't figure it out try this one.
    • Posted

Hi girls, I too used to suffer from BV it was disgusting and the worst. I wanted to share what has worked for me. I know how stressful and frustrating this can be. I wanted to take the time to share how it got rid of it and hopefully maybe it can help someone else. I had been with the same man for 4 years when we broke up I had sexual relations with someone else. Multiple sex partners is not the only cause of bv but I'm guessing that's where I got it from. Disgusting I know, I regret it so much (the sex with this other dude wasn't even good) I ended up getting back with my boyfriend and a couple weeks later he told me I smelt very different and not in a good way. I felt horrible I had no idea at the time what this was, I was so scared. After going to the doctor multiple times and really looking into it I became more educated and informed about this infection. Do not douche. I know the first instinct is to clean and flush this s**t out but it will not help. I never did that but its highly recommended not to do so. Those by mouth antibiotics they give you at the doctors will not work. Well they will for about a week but chances are it will come back. (mine did 4 times) What worked for me was metrondizole gel (I think that's how its spelt). rather than take a pill by mouth its a gel you insert into your vagina. I feel like this worked best because its directly put where the problem is. The only downfall about the gel is after a day or two it makes your discharge clumpy. Do not try and take it out or panic that's normal and what happens. Fortunately, my boyfriend was understanding for the most part he knows I'm a clean person and how desperately I wanted to find a cure for this. If you have a partner during this just be patient talk to them and educate them as well so they are not scared. So the metrodonzile gel is literally put up your vagina like a tampon its best to do it at night. (when you get it it has the instructions). It is not sold over the counter just mention it to your doctor. Another good trick I used was hydrogen peroxide. I would soak a tampon in the hydrogen peroxide add some drops of tea tree oil and then insert it inside of me and keep it there for a little This alone will make you feel more fresh so its a start. Also STAY AWAY FROM SWEETS AND JUNK FOOD. If you are suffering from bv eating bad will not help whatsoever. Try and eat as clean as you can (fruits and veggies LOTS OF WATER AND TEA). Try and take a probiotic everyday as well as helpful vitamins. The ones I take are...apple cider vinegar (the liquid smells way too bad for my too drink so it in capsule form is much better and easier. Fenugreek a couple of those a day. Garlic pills, believe it or not this will help. Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D. I know you're like holy s**t this is a lot...you wanna get rid of this once and for all or what? All of this can be found at Walgreens Kroger or CVS. I went to the store one day bought anything.and everything I thought would help spent over 150 bucks but I didn't care because I was desperate. Another big key. Try and eat yogurt once a day, a good brand is chobani it has lot of live cultures its what you need. Change all your body washes and cleansing wipes to the brand SUMMERS EVE, not only does all their stuff smell great but its PH balanced. trust me change it. Try not to touch around you vagina unless you know your hands are clean. Same with the guy/girl your dating. Have them wash their hands before you have sex or mess around no its not annoying it takes 20 seconds to wash your hands. Coconut oil is also your friend, the already liquidy kind. Not only does it work as a great natural lubricant but it actually helps with bv. Try and drink green tea it flushes out your system, and always always always lots of water. If your not a big fan of water I drink my water with cucumber and lemon it tastes yummy and cleanses your body.

You have to be consistent

I try and take all those vitamins daily.

Be cautious and careful around your vagina area like I said don't touch it with dirty hands

Don't wear too tight of thongs or underwear let your vagina breath.

You ladies can ask me anything I will try and check up on this in case anyone responds with a question.

Good luck ladies I hope this helped.

• Posted

Hey thanks glad something worked for you! I am Bv free I post this for others now. I too have gotten rid of it. I tried douching and I got a yeast infection lol so I will not do that again. I even did it with acidophilus inserted after and still didn't help prevent it. Right now I use tea tree oil suppositiories gets rid of it immediately and it's easy I don't have to do anything but leave it in over night. I also take a probotic for vaginal health and also a vitamin that consists of zinc magnesium and calcium. thanks for writing to me we are the lucky ones lol
    • Posted

Hi girls, I too used to suffer from BV it was disgusting and the worst. I wanted to share what has worked for me. I know how stressful and frustrating this can be. I wanted to take the time to share how it got rid of it and hopefully maybe it can help someone else. I had been with the same man for 4 years when we broke up I had sexual relations with someone else. Multiple sex partners is not the only cause of bv but I'm guessing that's where I got it from. Disgusting I know, I regret it so much (the sex with this other dude wasn't even good) I ended up getting back with my boyfriend and a couple weeks later he told me I smelt very different and not in a good way. I felt horrible I had no idea at the time what this was, I was so scared. After going to the doctor multiple times and really looking into it I became more educated and informed about this infection. Do not douche. I know the first instinct is to clean and flush this s**t out but it will not help. I never did that but its highly recommended not to do so. Those by mouth antibiotics they give you at the doctors will not work. Well they will for about a week but chances are it will come back. (mine did 4 times) What worked for me was metrondizole gel (I think that's how its spelt). rather than take a pill by mouth its a gel you insert into your vagina. I feel like this worked best because its directly put where the problem is. The only downfall about the gel is after a day or two it makes your discharge clumpy. Do not try and take it out or panic that's normal and what happens. Fortunately, my boyfriend was understanding for the most part he knows I'm a clean person and how desperately I wanted to find a cure for this. If you have a partner during this just be patient talk to them and educate them as well so they are not scared. So the metrodonzile gel is literally put up your vagina like a tampon its best to do it at night. (when you get it it has the instructions). It is not sold over the counter just mention it to your doctor. Another good trick I used was hydrogen peroxide. I would soak a tampon in the hydrogen peroxide add some drops of tea tree oil and then insert it inside of me and keep it there for a little This alone will make you feel more fresh so its a start. Also STAY AWAY FROM SWEETS AND JUNK FOOD. If you are suffering from bv eating bad will not help whatsoever. Try and eat as clean as you can (fruits and veggies LOTS OF WATER AND TEA). Try and take a probiotic everyday as well as helpful vitamins. The ones I take are...apple cider vinegar (the liquid smells way too bad for my too drink so it in capsule form is much better and easier. Fenugreek a couple of those a day. Garlic pills, believe it or not this will help. Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin D. I know you're like holy s**t this is a lot...you wanna get rid of this once and for all or what? All of this can be found at Walgreens Kroger or CVS. I went to the store one day bought anything.and everything I thought would help spent over 150 bucks but I didn't care because I was desperate. Another big key. Try and eat yogurt once a day, a good brand is chobani it has lot of live cultures its what you need. Change all your body washes and cleansing wipes to the brand SUMMERS EVE, not only does all their stuff smell great but its PH balanced. trust me change it. Try not to touch around you vagina unless you know your hands are clean. Same with the guy/girl your dating. Have them wash their hands before you have sex or mess around no its not annoying it takes 20 seconds to wash your hands. Coconut oil is also your friend, the already liquidy kind. Not only does it work as a great natural lubricant but it actually helps with bv. Try and drink green tea it flushes out your system, and always always always lots of water. If your not a big fan of water I drink my water with cucumber and lemon it tastes yummy and cleanses your body.

You have to be consistent

I try and take all those vitamins daily.

Be cautious and careful around your vagina area like I said don't touch it with dirty hands

Don't wear too tight of thongs or underwear let your vagina breath.

You ladies can ask me anything I will try and check up on this in case anyone responds with a question.

Good luck ladies I hope this helped.

• Posted

How long do you do the gel treatment and use the tampons in hydrogen peroxide for?
  • Posted

Lol thanks! I tried tea tree oil but not suppositories.. Glad that worked for you I've read it's helped some people and hasn't for others. I also did steam baths with herbs such as green tea and fenugreek. Helps clean everything out.. But only if you're mostly over an infection and aren't having ongoing symptoms. 
    • Posted

Yes the tea tree doesnt do it justice when compared to suppositories. I strongly suggest using them if you come across bv again you won't be disappointed lol 
  • Posted

Hi Jean42705:

I have battled with BV for almost 5 years, I have tried peroxide douches, Vinegar douches, prescribed meds, over the counter meds such as BV Essentials to only have the nightmare start all over again after a week or two.  So here is what I did, I went to my Dr. and had her prescibe me the usual metronidazole and decided to start eating chobani greek yogurt and drinking a cap full of braggs organic apple vinegar everyday and that was all no more bouts with bv or yeast. I wished I tried this 5 years ago.  I now can be intimate with my husband and not worry about my vagina, his semen or anything else #problemsolved#

• Posted

How long did it take you to cure it before you knew it was completely gone?
  • Posted

I've tried every thing just about, I've had bv for about 3 1/2 years now it started after I had my first child. The doctor told me to wait 6 weeks for intercourse but I didn't listen so when me and my husband had sex I got this awful smell and I still do. He's smelled it before and almost through up. He thought I cheated and had an STD thats how bad it was and I was so itchy. I got the anti biotics they don't work, the cure lasts about a week and if I shower ornwear panties with out a liner it comes right back. Then I got apple cider vinegar with mothers sat in a bath with it and that did not work but for a few days the smell was gone. I've tried inserting plain yogurt and even douches with peroxide and water and after inserted an acidiphollus pill...nothing has worked and lasted more than a week max I'm feeling really discouraged and trying to figure out how to cope with having bv because I'm not sure it will ever go away! Right now my bv is back and every time it smells worst and worst! And I am so frustrated and irritated in my vaginal area. Why don't doctors know a cure? Why keep collecting our money for antibiotics that they know won't work! Are hospitals really becoming unreliabel ?
    • Posted

Hi smile I have had years of a combo of yeast & bacterial infections. I have tried sooooo many things. I finally became a master at fixing the problem by changing my diet. Diet is everything. You are what you eat. I stopped eating sugar & gluten for about 3 months. It's not the easiest thing to give up but it is SOOO worth it. I also drank a TON of water. To flush it out. Another thing that has been amazing and cleared it up was Allicidin capsules I ordered online and also going to a Chinese doctor and getting prescribed Chinese herbs specifically for the problem. Natural medicine is the way to go. It requires patience, but it is curing the problem instead of masking it with antibiotics, which kill the GOOD and Bad bacteria, and you need the GOOD. You also learn to listen & connect with your body. <3 I hope this helped. It changed my life.

• Posted

I am going through the same miserable pain! I didnt know about all the home remedies or even if they were reliable. I started apply castor oil to a cotton ball and then placing it on the outter part of "my girl". That would help but never fully got rid of it. I have ordered some Boric Acid Suppositories and I am hoping that will do the trick. I just tried the hydrogen peroxide cleanse. I hope it isnt just me but it didnt feel all that wonderful.

It sucks being a woman and having to deal with this junk and smell. Ive been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 5 years and for the last couple of years intercourse has become extremely embarrasing bc I am not sure how bad it is going to smell this time. 

I even went as far as making him wash his hands anytime before we started anything bc I wasnt sure if playing with the dogs or anything else that got on his hands was causing an increase in the bacteria. 

I just wanted to say thank you for posting and giving all those still battling with BV hope. Cause we all know it sucks!

• Posted

Hi smile I have had years of a combo of yeast & bacterial infections. I have tried sooooo many things. I finally became a master at fixing the problem by changing my diet. Diet is everything. You are what you eat. I stopped eating sugar & gluten for about 3 months. It's not the easiest thing to give up but it is SOOO worth it. I also drank a TON of water. To flush it out. Another thing that has been amazing and cleared it up was Allicidin capsules I ordered online and also going to a Chinese doctor and getting prescribed Chinese herbs specifically for the problem. Natural medicine is the way to go. It requires patience, but it is curing the problem instead of masking it with antibiotics, which kill the GOOD and Bad bacteria, and you need the GOOD. You also learn to listen & connect with your body. <3 I hope this helped. It changed my life.

• Posted

i am living in hell because of BV. I spent 27 years never having bv. Every check up my bv was flawless. Then suddenly when my vitamine b problem came and anemia, and i hit 40, suddenly BV. I been 2 five doctors and in my case they keep claiming its an allergy attack cause it. Because my uterus sit so low this bv is just junking me up. I got to wear a pad all the time or tampon. Every time i have sex its back. Doctors think my ph is sensitive to latex and spermecide and soaps.

I found out that a man can give u bv if he has bad bacteria on his penis, soap and even ingridients from food in sperm that u are allergic to. For 17 years i had one partner and they never came in me. My doctor would say u got perfect ph, its text book. I changed my partners and let him sperm in me and suddenlyh ph is horrible.

So far every time i have sex with him which is rarely o have it again.

Here is my review

1. No latex or spermicide or lubricant

2. No soap. Just wash with water around clit

3 have two drinks of apple cyder vinegar daily

4. Fix vitamine problem

5. Take vitamine pills

6. Do not douch.

8. Take doctor prescribed pill along with apply cyder vinegar on tampon

9. At first sigh of bv use hydrogen peroxide on tampon for a few days to get ahead start on slowing th growth down

Risk of not getting rid of BV as soon as possible.

1. Easy to get infections including a staph.

I had bv for 2 weeks and i ended up getting a staph infection and viral. I am now on 3 meds and feel sick from all 3. I almost had to get admitted in hospital.

Even if u dont see discharge bv can still be far up in you. Always use a tampon in for an hour to see if u get a clean tampon. It should not have a bad smell or be runny

BV doesnt always have a fishy smell. Mine only once. Usually mine have no smell accept a faint amonia smell or sweaty smell and a yellow tint to discharge on tampon.

Your guy could cheat with someone with bv, have the bacteria on his penis and then give it to u. It happened to me. The guy accused me of having a skunk smell down there and i had clean tampon and panties. I tested. He admitted sleeping with someone before me. I got checked the next day i did not have bv at all. Doc said perfect ph. Then days later bv came. Doc said sometime it takes days after sex for bv to appear. So he gave me bv cause he had multiple partners in one week. I had no idea til he confessed after we had sex.

We were entering serious relationshipm because this bv comes back when i have sex, i havent beem having sex. I been going months without sex to avoid getting it.

My doc said if bv come back again after i have sex again they are signing me to a bv clinic so they came put me on pill of some kind to minimize my risk or assist me in ways fighting in.

Each time i get bv from sex, it leads to a staph and i am broken out with big bumps that scar

I suspect it is food in a mans sperms. I am allergic to iodized salt and it is in many foods people it. I suspect cause i am getting same bumps as if i ate iodized salt out of box.

2 doctors say allergy caused it and something i am coming in touch with during sex.

I am currently making my guy wait 4 weeks to even get any where near vagina. We want sex now but i refuse til bv is all gone. I always wait an additional week at least to be sure its gone. Til a tampon goes completely clean and odor free, i am not having sex.

This is rough. I already have r fibriods and was told i need a hysterectamy to remove them. I am in alot of pain from them and very heavy periods, twice in one month. So the bv is making it worse.

• Posted

I never respond to these forums but bc this was so life changing I just wanted to thank the person that recommended hydrogen peroxide treatment. I have been stiffening with yeast infections for 10 years. I have been starving, drinking coconut oil and vinegar, went sugar free and dairy free and nothing helped. I feel like a brand new person. Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.