BV is destroying my life :(

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and just looking for any kind of advice.i have had this horrible thing from 18 to now 26 years old. I have tried metro gel,clindimycin gel both work but as soon as I have sex or come on my period it's game over I get the horrid bv symptoms again ( smel,discharge etc) I don't bath with bubble bath and I even wash my hair separate to the bath,washing powder has no perfumes in etc. My 2 year relationship has ended as I lost all confidence in the bedroom because of being paranoid about the dreaded smell. I have just started taking 2 fem dolphius priobitics as day is their anything else anyone can advise me sad I'm at my wits end.x

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Boric acid suppositories that you can make yourself you will notice the difference the very next day. look it up on amazon tons of comments and stories are there.
    • Posted

I have looked these up but I am very hesitant to try them as arnt they toxic? Do they actually cure it or is it just another temporary cure.? Thanks for the reply x
  • Posted

Hi Marie

I am so so sorry that you are suffering at the hands of this horrible disease. I too suffered - and it is now cured. It has been 7 months so far and I had symptoms every day by the time I sorted it out. So I know it is possible - but you have to be willing to make some changes and be patient and determined. The number one thing to do is completely stop eating sugar. Get more veg in your diet - lots of green leafy veg. Take good quality probiotics - the ones that worked for me was Symprove a UK based probiotic which has been successfully trialled at kings college hospital in london. Have a look on you tube. They are working on making it available in the US also.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply it's great to know that you have cured yours gives me some hope that maybe one day I'll be bv free too.if the priobiotics I'm taking now don't have any affect then I shall try the ones you took smile I'm off to my doctors yet again to as I'm going to try taking the metro gel plus my priobiotics to see of that does anything.i do need to change my diet too it's just knowing what I should and shouldn't be eating xx
    • Posted

Good luck Marie, feel free to ask for more info and I'll do my best. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Marie.

I have had BV for a few months. It kept coming and going. And it seemed around the time of my period it would return. I've never had anything like this before and wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Well i found a natural cure for the hortid symptomd thank God one that does not involve tablets and suppositories.

I'm not sure if this is an all time cure but at it gets rid of all the symptoms. No more discharge or smell and it is known as one of the if not the healthiest drinks.

I tried many different things to no avail.

Then just for the benefit of it i decided to drink green tea with honey and the BV went. I didn't realise it was the green tea and honey that has got rid of it until i didn't have any green tea to drink for a few days and my BV returned. I was horrified and thought maybe it was the green tea and honey so i started to I drink it again and it went and I have kept drinking it everyday and it has not returned since. Now green tea and raw honey is part of my regular diet and I've replaced my usual cups of tea and coffee with green tea and raw honey. Please read up on these two ingredients raw honey and green tea separately they both have many health benefits.

Here's how I make it.

I buy loose green tea leaves.

I put a flat tablespoon in a jug and cover withaa mug full of boiling water.

I soak the leaves for about 4 to 5 mins.

Then i pour into a mug through a tea leaf strainer and throw away the leaves. Then let cool a little or add a little cold water to cool then I add a flat tablespoon of raw honey to sweeten it.

Don't get the cheap store bought honey this is not the same. Raw honey is found in health food shops or on the net.

I drunk about 4 to 5 cups a day and no more BV plus I get all the other health benefits of the honey and green tea.

Please try it God willing it will work for you as it has me.

Take care.

• Posted

Femdophilus works good..keep taking it, but you nee dto take Folic Acid 500 mg and a good multivitamin for women to really get it working good...thats what i do every day and so far its working out nicely. I also take an additional vitamin D3 1,000 IU gel capsule at night before going to bed (even though there is a 1,000 IU inside of the multi vit. that I currentle take). Do this....do it for a while a few months and you should see results. smile
    • Posted

Hi I've been taking the fem dolphius for about a week an half now but I have upped it to 2.i take 2 in the morning only been doing this for 4 days now and 1 folic acid tablet 400 a day and and I haven't seen any results sad unlike some woman who have taken the fem and had results straight away.where do I get this gel capsule from? And is it safe to use xx
    • Posted

Im not sure if youve seen my other reply but you might want to switch to a stronger probiotic tbat are 50-90 billion istead of only 5billion. They have specific ones for women

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed specific product names as we do not allow repeated posting of product names in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi could you email me what they are called.. I take 2 fem dolphius a day x
    • Posted

The name still shows up in my first comment smile
    • Posted

You can get the gel capsule of vitamin D3 from your local  grocery store or pharmacy. It is in a brown bottle with a yellow lable and burgundy letters on it. Are you also taking a multi vitamin for women? I did not really start getting the results until I added the multi-vitamin to the regime as well. How about Vitamin C? I know it sounds like a lot but adding a vitamin C tablet will help to fight off the bacteria as well because it has natural antibodies that strengthen the immune system and fight off bacteria. Sometimes if I tablet isn't working adding more will solve the issue. When I just took FemDophilus alone it wasnt working for me either. I actually took one last dose of metronidazole and then after that it seemed to have cleared the bacteria. I then continued with the regime of:

2 FemDophilus a day

1 Multi-Vitamin for women

1 Folic Acid 500 mg

1 Vitamin C tablet

1 Vitamin D3 Pill

The second FemDophilus Pill I take at night along

with the Vitamin D3 pill (take those two at night).

I recommend starting this regime and then go back to the doctor for the metronidazole pills. After you take all the antibiotics continue with the regime above to put the good bacteria back into your body and then you should see results. Just keep doing it...dont skip any days.

Also I started using Johnson and Johnson baby wash 'down there' when I take a shower per the doctor's recommendation because the other body washes can bring the bv back. She said this Johnson baby soap has just the right amount of PH in it to restore good vaginal flora. So far it's been working out nicely. Good luck! Let me know if you try this and how it works for you! x

• Posted

When I look up the doses the Folic acid is listed as mcg.  This is very different than mg.  Just want to be sure before I go out and buy.

Thanks,

Debbie

• Posted

Hey hun, how often do you have sex with your bf? Or how often would the two of you like too? And do the two of you use a condom?
    • Posted

We haven't had sex in a while tbh because of the bv sad would like to most the time if I could but just soo paranoid about the smell etc and no we don't use condoms only because we were trying for a baby.x
    • Posted

Okay, i know you must have tried alot of stuff to try and get rid of this bv problem,so have i and nothing ever worked sad but I've been using Apple cider vinegar no name brand and 50 billion vaginal capsules and my sex life is back to normalsmile no smell, discharge, nor irritation ! wink I was worried at the beginning about having sex with my bf for the first time a few nights ago since I've been using them cause if I still smell but my bf said he didn't smell a thing and again tonight no smell smile try and do what I'm doing and tell me results and if your bf mentions about how he doesn't want to, tell him you need his help to let you know if your scent is still there or not cause your trying somthing new that might change everything to the better smile or if you feel more comfortable finding out yourself then you can use a douch tube inject it in softly and just wand it across your nose to see if your scent is gone, then when you've done this 3days in a row and its scent free enjoy your sex life again with your bf smile here is how you get started buy some of those capsules i told you about then buy any brand name of Apple cider vinegar ,go home , eat something then 2 hrs after you eat take a capsule with water , then before bed douche 1teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar with the rest distilled water, do this for three days straight, then you should be on the go with great pleasure with your bf, smile after the 3 nights in a row with the douching , continue douching once a week but continue taking the capsule once a day smile you should be back to your old self again wink it's been working great for me so far wink just to give you some tips for sex, before sex you and your bf take a shower also when your finish always rinse quickly so your bf sweat doesn't disturb your bv with bacteria , if he's going to use his fingers inside you make sure his hands and fingernails are very clean , for extra protection ask him to sanitize his hands with no scent antibacterial sanitizer smile also ask him to brush and mouth wash his mouth before going down, a persons mouth is the most dirtiest full of bacteria there that you don't want to be putting anywhere near the opening of the vagina sad also after every period insert a rephresh gel, it helps for cleaning after a 5/7 day period, eat frozen yogurt or regular yogurt if you like 2/3 times a week and lots of fruits an veggies and drink lots of water everyday ! If you can keep a healthy ph balance level with good bacteria in you then your pretty much garenteed to have a good non scent healthy vaginal area as well and a great sex life smile smile keep me posted cause I'd like to know your results as well as I Will keep you posted with mine wink

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed specific product names as we do not allow repeated posting of product names in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service .

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.