arghhh!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi i am now developing this in my other shoulder. anyone any advice on how to stop it from freezing completely like my right shoulder? could not cope with both at same time!!! sad sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I know how you feel - I've had it in the right side for about 5 months, the left is now slowly going the same way and I feel helpless to stop it. Despite the fact that I know exactly what to expect this time, I don't know whether to rest it or exercise it.
  • Posted

My shoulder is 80% better now. I had 12 sessions of accupuncture which helped the pain for a while. Then strangely on holiday in Turkey last year, my shoulder started to move more freely so I began physio which has helped it. My other shoulder seemed to be going th same way about 3 months ago but I kept moving it rather than rest it and although not great, it hasnt frozen!
  • Posted

Thank you for your reply - nice to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel!
  • Posted

I am on my second frozen shoulder. Physio made it worse, accupuncture helped a bit. This one seems worse than the last. It is On the right side now, left side 6 years ago. I am trying a couple of new things this time like Lyprinol and enzyme therapy and high doses of co q 10. I read a couple of studies about the genetic componeant and the enzymes along the concentrated Omega 3 in the Lyprinol helped to speed up the phases. I will let you know if it helps.

Sorry for your pain, I know how horrible it is. I feel helpless and don't know what to do with myself most of the time. Accupuncture helped the first 2 sessions, but not now. Painkillers don't work. People don't get it.

What has brought me some releif is heat on my shoulder and resting the bottom of my feet on an ice pack to sleep. For some reason this puts me right to sleep most of the time. I do think this is a condition that has to run its course, but I do think we can speed it up, the latest medical journal studies seem to point to that.

BTW - I am only 40, first one at 34 - Lasted around 6 months and then began to get better. I am on month 2 of thus one and the pain changes every day but it is not getting any better.

Best to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.