Mammogram re-call

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have just had my mammogram as I am 50, have had private ones in the past and all come back clear. However, this letter doesn't say anything about further tests or mammograms, just that the doctor is going to discuss the films and do a breast examination.  I am really worried, any advice would be appreciated.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Try not to worry, that's hard I know.

Do not try guessing what might be or not.

You will have to be patient till you see him.

How long till your appointment.

They can 're call you for all sorts of things. Let us know how you get on and fingers crossed for a good outcome.

• Edited

Thanks Janet

my appointment is 9.am Monday, so it is going to be a long weekend, cancelled everything I had planned, I'm the type of personality that wants to hideaway!

i can't feel any lumps, so fingers crossed that IF they have found something, then it will be early stages.

• Posted

Totally understand that feeling. It's scary but you do not have a long wait. Make a note of any questions Yuri oh will want to ask.

I hope you will have someone with you. Keep in touch.

• Posted

Keep busy over the weekend, try to focus on something to do, the days are counting down for you. Let us know how you get on.

Here to listen and help if we can.

• Posted

Hi Pamela

it's good advice that Janet has given you and I would say exactly the same.  

It's only natural that you will worry and unfortunately,because we are human, we always think the worse and our minds run riot with our emotions which only makes matters worse.  

I sincerely hope that your results are clear xx

• Posted

Please don't worry.  When it first happened to me I felt so afraid and alone - the pamphlet said that 4 out of 100 women are recalled but  I am sure that figure is much, much higher.   I know of lots of women who have been recalled for loads of  different reasons - please bear in mind that there are so many things that mammograms pick up, the vast majority of which are nothing sinister.
  • Posted

Hi Pamela,

Just came to this site as had 1st manogram today as just turned 50 in January, never had them before.  Wondering how you got on and hope you are ok.

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.