is it ok to masturbating with a tiny bartholin cyst thay is healing?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so my cyst is really small. And it's probably gonna be gone in the next couple of days so I was wondrous whether it's ok to masturbate while it's healing because I have not had aby sexual pleasures for over a week.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

Im not sure but i think you should wait until its totally healed. It might get infected. Its just only couple of days so might as well wait. smile

• Posted

Hello, I personally would wait until it heals completly. I have went through this, I still am. This is a continued fight. As of the past few months or so I have been good, thank GOD. I have too went through many, many days and nights with out sex it will get better. Your health and well being is the most important, so wait.. But for some reason you can't wait then at least make sure you go sit in a sitz bath after, make sure it is as hot as you can stand. Since your bartholin gland duct is cloggeed for what ever reason that means the fluid inside cant come out as it use to. Sitting in the tub will help drain any fluid that you produce. I hope this does help. Good Luck.
    • Posted

Thank you. Also when would be a good time to involve in actual sex after the cyst has healed?

• Posted

hello. After you feel no lump down there it should be ok to have sex. After it would be good if you go sit in the tub for at least 10 min. Dont push on it just give it a light massage. While doing thiis in the tub with help promote drainage. The next morning do another hot sitz bath again, this will help you. I think where we as women go wrong with this bartholin disorder, we forget. Dont forget about it or it can sneak up again on you. Every now and then still do some hot soaks, always keep that area clean!!!! I personally use a squeeze bottle that I put warm water in, for everytime I use the bathroom. I'm trying for me this method is working..... Good Luck
    • Posted

Thank you Cindy smile

Your advice helps a lot. Ok. I'll do that. Maybe I can soak myself in a hot bath like twice a week or so. Well that be ok?

• Posted

That should be fine. I'm glad that some of my advice could help you. This is a hard thing to go through as a woman. We need to educate each other. Good Luck....
  • Posted

Because technically your "wetness gland" is blocked up - if I want to masturbate I usually get a hot compress like a hot wet towel first and apply it like a few times, get the "juices flowing" and then I do hot compresses afterward just to be safe.
  • Posted

I have noticed that if i get aroused in any way, and get a sitz bath immediatley, it uncloggs very easy and drains itself. I have been doing this for months now and it is nearly non existant.

I read a post a whie back mentioned about not letting your partner finish inside of you. I have tried that and not sure if its the other things im doing which is helping or that, but i'm going to continue to do so as i can't bare the thought of another abscess

I have masturbated while i had the cyst, but try to not use hands (or his hands) incase of infection, make sure whatver you use it clean and get a bath immediately after. If you gently massage the lump, i find this helps in unclogging. 

Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.