Blocked ear stuffy nose and dizzy

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi just wondering anyone suffering the same as me I've not had hayfever for a couple of years but this year got it really bad. Started about 6 weeks ago with stuffy nose blocked ear numerous trips to docs who said I have ear and throat infection had 2 lots of antibiotics plus taking antihistamines thought it had cleared up but it just seems to be getting worse I have a feeling of cotton wool in my right ear sometimes I feel like I'm loosing my balance I get a flush in my face which in turn makes me very anxious and panicky I just feel so stuffed up and cannot breath I have since been diagnosed with atrial fribullation but my consultant said this has nothing to do with it. I'm just so fed up of feeling like this I do have a lot of energy and I'm always on the go but when I feel like this I just get so run down and don't feel like doing anything. Sorry to go on just wondered if anyone else is feeling the same way during this hayfever season. Many thanks

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Glitzy ,go look on the Dizzy forum ,read those post .

I have allergies ,tinnitus ( ears hissing /ringing ) also feel like cotton wool or muffled ears ,and balance ,this is why I've said go look on the dizzy forum .

Find your in good company .

• Posted

Thanks Marlene will do pleased to know I'm not alone

• Posted

Hi Marlene just wondering if you are feeling any better or still having your symptoms like mine hope it clears up soon.
    • Posted

Hi Glitzy ,Im still the same ,I've had this now for a straight 4 yrs,many of us have .Its good to talk to others with it ,I've got tinnitus going as well ,so it don't make for a good day period .

Least on the dizzy sites  you get to find out lots more to this condition ,I get to talk to many ,here and across the globe ,it's a very big problem ,so by being in contact different Dr ENT's out there ,maybe one bright one will eventually help us .Its not a condition Dizzy or tinnitus that's easily fixed by looks of it either .Chin up Glitzy. Just work through the day your dealing with .Stressing it is .

• Posted

Hi Marlene just wondering how you are doing not heard from you for a while I can honestly say there doesn't seem to be any let up from these horrible allergy symptoms thought the hayfever season was over but nope. My Sinusus seem worse than ever head feels like it's gonna explode and no matter what I take ie: hayfever tablets and nasal sprays nothing seems to work don't know if it's hormonal anxieties or just feeling down right rough. When will this ever end lol are you still experiencing these horrible symtoms xx
    • Posted

Hi Glitzy ,meant to have got back to you lot earlier  days get away from me ,

I'm still the same ,just going through the motions daily .

Sorry your feeling the same,no answer for it ,think we're all in same boat. And continuing looking for relief .Ive had a bad eye infection ,think from allergy ,nice water blister on the top of my cheek ,slowly going after hot compresses .Never ends ,just one thing on top of another .xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene nice to hear from you your right if it's not one thing it's another been to docs tons of time got invite to their Christmas party lol. Well he said I've got allergic rhinitis caused with hayfever and sinus he gave me a different nasal spray called Nasonex thought it was a miracle but oh no today back to the same stuffy nose and someone sitting on the top of my head feeling I'm told pollen still out but not as bad well cannot wait till end of September when it's all gone. Are you still feeling the same symptoms it's annoying, I must admit I'm not so tears or anxious wether that hormonal or not. Ahh well it's a glass of wine tonight forget my woes ha ha xx
    • Posted

Hi yes ,my ears are full up today ,and tinnitus has stayed high ,not dropped at all ,so another quiet day .I think you get good and really bad days with sinuses.Ive had nasal XRay ,had MRI ,but hey still have both going ,lot are saying its migraines more than the sinuses,well that's what they think on another site Im on .Ive got this balance with mine ,so a lot going on daily ,still no further on to getting better from it to it all ,have done from the start of all of this that hormones play big part .

I'm teetotal ,but maybe glass of wine would help .ha ha 

• Posted

Yeah  I too still get bother with my tinnitus In fact when I wake up on a morning I don't know about you but my head and ears feel full strange sort of feeling but you are always aware of it until you start moving around doing things. Do you think weather still has a lot to do with it ?. I hope your eye gets better soon sounds really sore  have you always been tea total perhaps the odd glass of wine would help .Did your  X-ray and Mri come back normal I bet people think it's all in our heads lol xx

• Posted

Glitzy ,I've thought hormones ,allergies ,thyroid,adrenals Lymes yes weather for tinnitus bad day ,air pressure .Females Id hit the Hormone button first and formost ,men and women got those in common ,

My MRI was for an acustic neuroma ,Ct scan was shown up to have 2 neck bones out of place ,due to neck ache following illness ,had those put back in ,but hey still suffer from neck ache 10 yrs on .My eye is so much better ,from how it was ,allergy I think it's cause ,as I suffer from sinuses .

Teetotal since being in my teens Glitzy ,never suited me drink .I only have one coffee a day ,due to tinnitus ,not the 4 I use to have .

No glitzy this isent all in the mind what's going on with us .Just need some good Dr to help us get to the ending of it .Get on with life as God intended .

Hope your week is peaceful ,and little pain as possible ,better still none would be even better .Takecare hey xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene had a better day today been to tai chi it really does help we do breathing exercises and calming exercise if there's a class near you I would defo go there. Funny how we all have same symptoms nearly every day.Nothing wrong with being tea total I don't drink as much as I used to but never ever a heavy drinker I think it's since I got atrial fribullation from a virus it scared me so I try to look after myself a bit better lol. Hope your week is 

good too xx

• Posted

Hi Glitsy ,good better day for you ,when I lived out in Singapore ,Chinese neighbours use to do tai chi in there garden .Didnt know what it was they were doing until much later .Strange what viruses end up doing ,as it has with myself ,all from a virus .

This week started off same as every week has done ,just work my way through it ,as we all do when ill,we don't get a choice .

Yes we all take more care ,after illness .Teaches you I guess .Life lesson? Indeed  xx 

• Posted

Hi Marlene how's it going just wondering if you are feeling ok well I can catagorily say I'm not ha ha. If I can laugh I'm still having a blocked nose head feeling full as soon as I wake up and the usual moment of lightheaded and dizziness. I get a headache when I bend forward totally fed up surely the pollen must be coming to an end I know that ragweed I think that's what you call is now out as well a bit pollen.i just wish I could wake up one morning and feel healthy instead of feeling like a 90 year old which I'm no where near mind you nothing against 90 year olds there probably fitter than me. another thing everyone on this site seems to be in perimeno I am in my 50s and last period about 12 years ago so I'm classed as menopause just wondering will I still be experiencing some of the 100 symtoms on this site I know you can get symptoms until your 70s but I do think half of mine are caused with anxiety lol let me know how you are doing xx
    • Posted

Hi Glitzy ,seem were still in same boat ,wether this is maybe hormone related? I think it is myself ,always have done deep down .What with Hormones ,tinnitus ,allergies and balance ,not got whole lot to jump for joy with .i think to that's why every one of us get whole lot of anxiety always around us ,to many things on health front going on ,All those menopause symptoms are an eye opener ,glad younger generation are so better informed ,my old mums generation,must have talked behind closed doors about there health 

I've had bad past few days ,tinnitus gets on my wick ,that then interferes with this MdDs .My local friend who had same virus as myself at same time ,has same probs as myself since ,so we chat see how and what's happened since we picked that bug up ,she's got MdDs .and the rest like myself ,can't believe almost 10 yrs on we've got and been left as we are .

Yes females can go into there 70.s with issues ,lady I know was 72 before it all finally stopped ,Men get off light to light ,not enough being done for females ,only got to read all what's written on these posts bares that out .

Maybe you've got all year round allergies as myself .Hope you get in some lighter days ,the giddyness is the pits .Im on a site that deals with MdDs that's a bonus for me .Stay in touch Glitzy xx

• Posted

Hi Marlene thanks for your reply hope your feeling better today,well I went to docs yesterday they said they would refer me to ent hospital so I said I would go private got an appointment tommorow I didn't really want to go private but it would probably be weeks before I got an appointment on nhs. It's a lot of money but I'm fed up with it now woke up ok as soon as I took dog out I started with blocked nose and unsteadiness this seems to stay like that for the rest of the day got me on the bottom ha ha. Do you get headaches as well like on your forehead and top it's very annoying but don't know if this is all stress related.Deffo coming back as a man xx
    • Posted

Hiya ,well Im pleased you've gone ahead and getting to see someone ,think NHS there's a fair waiting time these days ,though it was mentioned you had so many weeks from when you first saw your Dr .Guess your still see who you would have done under NHS ,but Id have gone way you have for sure .

With this condition ,you get allergy pain ( sinuses ) and migraine at same time ,which is what happens to me a lot ,tinnitus all playing its part .

I've just sent away blood tests private just this day  see what comes back in few days time .see if they can pin point anything ,which might help .

Let me know how and what's said ,be of interest .

You come back as a man. Hey get behind me in the line ha ha ha xxx

• Posted

Yeah I will let you know forgot to mention all this has made my tinnitus worse god if its not one thing it's another ha ha. And another thing certain smells seem to make me feel weired if that's  the word like petrol fumes well it's probably all allergy related. I only hope I don't need any operation because I'm on blood thinners and you have to be very careful of bleeding ahh well all will be revealed let me know how you get on as well xx
    • Posted

Hi Marlene how's your weekend going good I hope we'll went to see consultant yesterday  he was very nice good news is I don't have sinus disease or polyps bad news he recommends I have a minor operation because the bone at the top of my nose  inside is causing a restriction in my breathing and blocking everything that's probable why I've got headaches sometime a very dry mouth and unsteady I don't think hayfever has helped it one bit in fact probably made it worse ahh well never mind at least I know now. Let me know how you get on xx
    • Posted

Hi Glitzy ,my mum had bones done your talking about ,never made scrap of difference ,that said never mentioned she had trouble breathing ,or dry mouth ,but hey don't go for it ,your always sit wondering and wishing you had ,my mum had bad sinuses after a really bad head cold one winter ,where hers all began ,but I recall her sitting holding her facial cheeks to relieve the pain she was in ,she did get bad heads from her sinuses ,but again she didn't have any balance probs to my knowledge either,or tinnitus as myself .

Today there's been mention on a site Im on as to Lyme and balance ,I've asked this question to in the past ,from a neck bite I had ,10 yrs ago ,then 6 yrs further on MdDs began ? Trying to connect the dots to all we've got now past and present  the bite I got. To this day I remember .

Who knows ????? just thought I'd throw that out there today as a possibility .List gets longer and longer to its symptoms I found ,but questions I've always thought needed looking at ,for me personally  Thyroid another .

Let's know what you decide ,least your doing something positive ,rule it in or out ,maybe your answer ? Straighten you up .Fingers crossed xxx

• Posted

Hi Marlene thanks for your post I think I will have the op its got to be better than this I was speaking to someone today he said it worked for him I suppose it doesn't suit everyone but we can only try ha ha. Do you have all of the symptoms your mum had ie sinuses  and headaches it could be hereditary I know my dad suffers terrible with runny nose and blocked nose makes you think.xx

• Posted

Hi Glitzy ,glad your going ahead in a way ,it's your decision. Do that gut feeling ,that never lets you down every time ,got it for a reason .

No allergies on my mums side ,but my dads yes definatley ,

My mum got it( Sinisitis/Rhinitis ) after a bad head cold,mine came after that illness .Nasty condition all round ,I've had eczema since a child ,but that's gotten worse over past few yrs to .Asthma and Eczema runs in my family paternal .

The headaches I get are sinuses and migraine ,I didn't know those 2 can most likely run together ,no wonder as to the amount pain I feel most days ,plus the tinnitus and ear fullness ,so not many a happy day here .

Let me know how and when you get date to getting it done ,Blame your dads side hey ha ha family genes can be a right curse ? Takecare xx

• Posted

Gee, I'm older than 72. and I still have one plugged ear every day, plus ringing tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus as well (the kind where you hear and feel your heart throbbing. Sounds like a drum beat and.drives you nuts, scares you too), Doctors say my heart isn't all that bad for my age. Just a slight arrhythmia and some daily palpitations, but not serious.  I also feel very tired and unsteady (balance off or feel dizzy at times) much of each day. This has become worse the last two years. I can't always go out with friends or do things. Some days I'm just too weak and tired. It's an effort to do much of anything. The noise in my head is too muchome days too.  And  a few days every week,  I get headaches above my eyebrows or between them. I'm wondering if any of you get that too.  Maybe that is caused by dry eye (which I also have now)? Any ideas?  I'm trying to keep on going, but I do get worried at times, so am wondering whether others have anything like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.