tiny bumps around my cervix? is this normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I was having a  feel of my vagina (as you do) because Im considering getting an IUD and I wanted to see if I could touch my cervix opening. 

The walls of my vagina are very smooth with little texture, but when I reached the cervix could feel very small hard lumps around the opening, kind of the size of goose bumps? they are painless and feel like part of the skin. is this normal? do any of you girls have them?

I have read about nabothian cysts but I obviously cannot see what my cervix looks like so it is hard to tell. 

I am worried it could be something dangerous. Im too young to have a smear test (19), even though I don't think its a sign of cervical cancer.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bobby, Don't worry. This is normal. I don't know what it is exactly, but I 've been like that for ever. (I'm 62 now).
    • Posted

Hello, thanks for the reply! Glad to know im not the only one. Can I ask how many you have? I probably have about 5, this is the first time iv really noticed it. They are also quite hard, not soft and fleshy
  • Posted

Hi Bobby, to be honest I don't know how many. Maybe 5 or 6. They're exactly as you describe. Throughout my smear tests over the years, they've never been mentioned & I've never asked. I had an abnormal smear dealt with about 6 years ago (all fine, by the way) and they weren't mentioned then either. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Okay thank you so much. Glad to know my description matches because Ive been researching alot and nowhere else seems to match what I have specifically. Do they go away and come back in different areas or are they permanent? Im not sure if I should keep checking/monitering as touching my cervix made me ache a little bit. Im seeing my GP in 4 weeks for another issue, is it worth bringing this up to see what she says? 
  • Posted

I don't check on a regular basis, but they're always been there. I guess they might change throughout yougr monthly cycle. I would mention it to your GP when you see her. I'm sure she'll be happy to put your mind at rest. Is there a practice nurse you could see before then?
    • Posted

Ahh okay I will ask her then! and do you think its worth seeing a practice nurse before I see me GP even though you think they are harmless? Im not sure how to go about seeing a nurse
  • Posted

Bobby, I really don't think you need to worry. Wait until your appointment with GP, & put it to the back of your mind. Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Bobby. Just asking if you have seen your GP about those bumps on your cervix.
    • Posted

I saw a nurse at a sexual health clinic as the GP didnt have any free slots. She said everything looked fine, and she couldnt even see any cysts. Only comment she had is I had alot of cervical mucus (probably down to the pill). Ty for asking!
  • Posted

Hi Bobby I have those bumps too and after my Pap smears are always normal so I guess they're nothing to worry about. Also if you're 19 you're not too young for a Pap smear. You should get one as soon as you become sexually active but even if you're not sexually actively you can choose to have one. Especially if you have concerns you should have one. They take a few minutes and it's over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.