Thank you for information

Posted , 3 users are following.

I want to thank who ever had said a while ago about the two doctors in the world who where best for treating this disease.

I have been luckily enough to live close enough to one of them and now have an appointment with one of them. Thank you .

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Well done!! It was me. Are you UK or US?
    • Posted

Hi,

If you don't mind, what was the name of the doctor in the US ? I'm from NH and was diagnosed with trachea stenosis which they think is caused by wegener's.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda

In January 2015, Dr. Peter Merkel became the head of the division of adult rheumatology at one of the world’s leading academic medical centers, the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.

He will direct clinical, teaching, and research activities at HUP, Penn Presbyterian Hospital, and the Philadelphia VA Hospital.

His immediate priority: opening a vasculitis program and other special programs in rheumatology. “This is a large metropolitan area and we’ll be conducting a variety of research projects and seeing patients in consultation,” Merkel notes. “We’ll be leveraging the vast intellectual resources of the University of Pennsylvania to go forward with innovative research.”

He will continue to serve as principal investigator and director of the Vasculitis Clinical Research Consortium (VCRC). And with his new appointment, the

At University of Pennsylvania, Merkel holds the following posts:

Chief, Division of Rheumatology

Professor of Medicine

Professor of Epidemiology in Biostatistics and Epidemiology

Contact Information

Peter A. Merkel, MD, MPH

Rheumatology Department

Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine

South Pavilion, 1st Floor

3400 Civic Center Boulevard

Philadelphia, PA 19104

Hope this helps

Dave

• Posted

Hi Linda.

I had one visit with Dr. Merkel because of insurance reasons. He was the reason I am recommending you to Boston. Dr. Merkel trained Dr. Paul Monach at Boston Medical Center Rheumatology and got me in to see him. I have never been more pleased with the entire staff!

Dr. Paul Monach 617 638 7460.

I hope you get results.

Blessings,

Vanessa

• Posted

Thanks, Vanessa. 

I'm currently seeing a nephrologist at Mass. Gen. who is overseeing my Wegener's treatment, but thinking a second opinion might be helpful as only my trachea seems to be affected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.