lump on shaft of penis

Posted , 31 users are following.

i have a little lump on the shaft of my penis. it doesnt hurt at all i tried popping it but nothing comes out. at first there was a hair on top of it so i plucked it out and it changed color a day later. i got it about 3 weeks ago and i had sex about two weeks before but i used a condom, i do masturbate quite often but i stopped after i saw this. im 20 and im really scared help please. here are some pictures of it

6 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi Anthony,

What you describe could be a condition called Lymphocele.

This is a hard swelling that suddenly appears on the shaft of the penis after sex or masturbation. It happens when the lymph channels in your penis are temporarily blocked. Lymph is a clear fluid that forms part of the body’s immune system. The swelling should soon subside and will not cause any permanent problems.

I note that you spell the word 'colour' as 'color'. This suggests that you may be American. If so, you won't have a GP (General Practioner) to freely consult at a local doctor's surgery. But I do advise you to see a doctor if you can because I'm not a medical expert myself!

Christopher

• Posted

yes i am american, thank you so much for relpying! i will see the doctor after he comes back from vaction next week sad 
    • Edited

Sudden appearance of hard lump on penis can be quite frightening and alarming to every sexually active male. But the good news is that most of the cases of lump on penis are just benign lymphocele. Lymphocele of the penis is a harmless, self-limiting condition that is commonly seen in sexually active males aged 20 to 40 years. It is cord like swelling seen vertically or horizontally on the shaft of penis usually after vigorous sex or masturbation.Rough masturbation and prolonged intense sex sessions is the main culprit for lump on penis. It happens when the lymph channels in your penis are temporarily blocked. Just like veins carry blood back to the heart, there is another system called lymphs that carry fluid from tissues back to the lymph channel. Lymph is a clear fluid that forms part of the body’s immune system. During vigorous sexual activities the tissue in the area may get injured and the lymph fluid which has to be drained is then trapped within the tissue resulting in hard lump in the penis. Although they may look scary, they rarely cause any discomfort or pain and are totally harmless. They are often hard lump but they can sometimes be soft and squishy.

This condition is harmless and most cases resolve on its own when the clot dissolves, so no treatment may be necessary. In the mean time you can apply mild pressure massage on the swelling area that will reduce the lump faster. Spontaneous recovery can be expected within a week or a month. It is better to avoid sex for at-least 3-4 weeks to avoid further complication and promote quicker healing. If there is continues irritation in the area, swelling may be severe and may last several months. In such severe case it is better to visit your dermatologist or urologist. Hope this helps. Chris

• Posted

im 16, would this apply to me as well? kinda freaking out pls hurry

• Edited

Hi,

Did you ever see the doctor and figure out what it was? I have what looks to be the same thing. I noticed it about 10 hours after I had used an okd razor to shave up the underside of my shaftA pink/red bump right over a larger vein. It doesn't hurt and isn't open or ulcerated in any way. No fluid leaking. It's just a boil like looking thing. I've had it for a week. The inflammation has gone done some.

• Edited

Typo:

*I noticed it about 10 hours after I had used an old razor to shave up the underside of my shaft. It's a pink/red bump right over a larger vein. 

• Posted

Did you find out what it was? Because I seem to have what looks like the same thing and if it is lymphocele then I would feel much more comfortable as I am worried about what it could be.
  • Posted

Did it go away? Was it caused by masturbating? I have the same thing and would really like some feedback here!?
    • Posted

Bro it caused me by masturbation😶😶😅did u get rid of it???

• Posted

Sir i have same problem and i got too much bumps i.e 6....what can i do for it....yes i do to much masturbatio in few days and suddenly caught with this😶😶 plz tell me any medicine for it.thanks

• Posted

Yaa I too had nearly 12 is it curable without medicine
  • Posted

I also has PPP from last 1 month plz tell me any medicine for it..i cant go to any doctor...
    • Posted

The original poster hasn't posted for two years, so you probably won't hear back from him.

Pearly penile papules are so common, they're almost normal.  I don't think any cream or medicine will make a difference.  Why can't you go to a doctor though?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.