appendix removed, pains.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had my appendix removed 10 days ago. Pain subsided except just to the right of my belly button (near one of the incisions). The pain is sharp with burning sensation and it feels hot to the touch.

Now, just after surgery, i had been coughing Alot which caused more pain. I stayed two days in hospital because of pain. I came home and got a bit of allergies so then every once and a while i sneezed which again caused more pain. Same place, just to the right of my belly button...upper abdominal area. On and off constipation followed by painful diarrhea. Is this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello Liloangel

I think you should be seeing your Dr about this,  could be that there is infection in there,  pain, hot to the touch,  yes you should definatly see your Dr.  If it starts going red around the area or gets much worse a trip to A & E should be concidered - just thinking about the length of waiting time to see a doc after you ring for an appointment.  Be on the safe side with yourself,  the bowel problem is not right either.

Hope you get seen soon and start to feel better.

Warmest regards

Jessie x

• Posted

Thank you...the pain subsided a bit. Should be seeing my doctor soon for follow up...thnx again
  • Posted

Hi again,   sorry you have not had replies sooner, have just seen it is three days since you posted this and I have not been online for a couple of days or more.  Hope by now you have had advice from someone other than online and have either seen a Dr or this whole issue has settled down for you.    Don't let this carry on if you are still the same, please seek help.

Warmest regards

Jessie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.