am I destined to keep having these?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an abscess on my perineum a month ago. Took antibiotics. Was almost healed and now I have 2 small ones in the same area. Mine are not very painful, just more of a nuisance. What should I do?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I get these too in exactly the same place. Mine end up growing to a ridiculous size, tthen pop. I have just finished a course of antibiotics. The swelling still hasn't gone down yet, but mine get that swollen and painful, I can't walk.

I can't take anything with penicillin in, so I use clarythromacin. Dont think I have spelled it correctly. Usually, I need a second lot. I can also still feel a tiny lump.

• Posted

It just seems to never end. I am getting really depressed about it. I find myself staying at home a lot. I'm retired at 58 from teaching, but still substitute about 10 days a month. I seem to be having a lot of skin issues in "that area".
    • Posted

Me too. I am overweight due too not being very mobile. I have both spondylosis and spondylitis, so I suffer a lot with pain. The medication I take brings with it skin issues. I am waiting for a refferal to a pain clinic, then maybe I can get off some of my medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.