Chronic nausea after a lumbar puncture

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a lumbar puncture about 2 years back. I had a blood patch done a few days afterwards to seal the leak. Ever since then I have experienced nausea. Some days it makes me so ill preventing me from working as well. The neurologist can't explain. Has anyone experienced it or can you point me in the right direction. Some days it literally last the whole day.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hiya I had a lumbar puncture last july I'm still feeling the after effects pain in my head and neck and a bulging disc muscle spasm droped right foot my doc keeps fobbing Me off saying I need to see a physiciatrist like it's all in my head he even said you will be goin on like this till the day you die he will eat his words I've been passed around like a parcel having seizures and so on never before had I had any problems before my lumbar puncture from he'll jo
    • Posted

The neurologist kept on asking me whether i am not pregnant......its such a pain. The nausea is killing me and also I have severe lower back pain. My spine is so sensitive and just touching it is painful. The headaches comes and goes. It has been so long and I am just out of it completely. Some days this thing prevevnts me from working as well. Has anyone prescribed any meds to you?
    • Posted

Hiya Amanda I've been given naproxen tramadol offered co codomol told not to take ibuprofen cause they can cause headaches physio was a waste of time he mentioned pain management clinic ginger is supposed to be good for nausea I think they messed up and won't admit it and we are left to cope with this I've been hsving seizures I've also got a bulging disc the list is endless when I had mine I couldn't even walk I had the headache from he'll and I'd got a trapped nerve in my neck couldn't even stand up in the shower had to go back to hosp and was ridiculed and given voltarol suppositories for pain and wheeled to the door and sent out the nightmare was never ending with various trips to a and e by ambulance
  • Posted

Hiya Amanda I've been given tramadol naproxen muscle relaxant told not to take ibuprofen cause it causes headaches so he said had various mri and nerve conduction tests mentioned pain management clinic ginger is good for nausea 2 years is a long time to be suffering take care jo
    • Posted

yes it is a very long time and by now i am just really tired of it. As we are speaking i am in office but am so sick. the nausea and pain are very heavy at the moment. i use tramadol for the pain.
    • Posted

Docs should look into it instead of fobbing us off I was never offered a blood patch just told you don't get neck pain with a lumbar puncture I had to play my face so I was kept in and put on a drip I couldn't raise my head off the pillow and was being sick it was just horrendous and I'm still in pain it doesnt help with my migraine
    • Posted

I sent you a long response but it's with the modulator I think it's because I said something I shouldn't lol
    • Posted

dont say that......My health is important and this scares me at time. I need to sort this out as soonest.
    • Posted

I was saying lol because of my message was bein modulated I'm concerned about my health and it needs looking into because something isn't rite I guess something went wrong because he failed the first attempt and touched a nerve in my foot and leg the second time go back to your docs and ask for a referal to pain management clinic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.