PIP v US what are we to do if you lose our DLA

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know that Im up for review  around December I know live on my own since the love of my life passed away four years this October from brain cancer..  Living alone now you lose your second income, and now my self suffering from shingles and now the nerve pain, which if you have had it ..you will know what pain is like., Yes I have two replacement knees, but they are now causing me pain. (I think my 10 years are almost up) If I lose my DLA, also im now too "ill" with the shingles, I am losing my job, because  I cant walk around so easily  in a school, also my right shoulder  needs replacing and I cant  raise my arm any higher  than my waist yes its arthritas  oh I forgot  I cant climb stairs, I cant do my bra up because I cant put my hands behind my back.  I have been told that I might not get the PIP, and it scares me.  How will I live and pay for  my electric/gas  .  how are any of us going to live.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi jocelyne:

Gosh, I am really sorry to hear that you are in this predicament.  Your really hurting.  PIP vs US social security which I think it is.  Am I right?  Sorry to hear your husband died from brain cancer.  Living alone is tough enough but to have all these things being bombarded by makes it even that much harder.  Yes, I have nerve pain but I don't have shingles as I am protected from that.  I hear that shingles is painful burning of the skin.   With all the other things that you have to contend with is certainly not fair.  I am sorry about your job too. 

Now, what I am going to say hopes a little.  You still have a number of months until Dec in order to find out what PIP is going to do for you.  Whatever you do, don't wait until the last minute to take care of this.  I don't know what the laws are regarding PIP in the UK.  Just for your information, I went to PIP UK in the search engine and there are various kinds of info there.  Check it out.  Of what I can see, there are means for contact and according to their info, you are to be re evaluated.  How long this takes, I wouldn't know but really go and find out.  There are organizations that probably can help you.  I wouldn't know how long this would take but I know here in the US, it does take time to have this done.  Even though the UK says that you might not.  That doesn't mean you won't.  I think it would have to do with how old you are, what your disabilities are, and your well being.  I wish you all the luck in the World and I wish I can help you more.  Overall, keep yourself feeling more positive, think clearly and above all stay well. Please let me know what you find out.  Take care.

mel

• Posted

Hi sorry for the reply, but I must admit I have been so depressed and am still trying to get out of this. my shingles seem to go further, pain still seems to attack me , as simple as queuing for paying for shopping

Two weeks ago  I had a minor op on my back a nerve block  but IT HAS NOT WORKED, I contacted the pain clinic but I aske3d to see the surgeon who performed the pain block but was told you will have to wait for the pain clinic to contact you in the new year to arrange a second consultation to see where they should go.  in the mean time  I am still suffering.  no wonder my mood is bad.

• Posted

well ladies and gentlemen  Had my letter from PIP  or DLA   Im not only losing my car after 6 years but they are reducing my money that helped me pay my bills,   I lost my job and salary because I could not walk the distances at school,,  I really feel that I want to call it a day,  I am so alone now with Chas dying I really feel I wish I could call it a day, I can't stand  the idea of fighting, every thing is against me, including my debts.

my sons have their own lives, and families now, my daughter I have not seen  as she lives in London. my car was the only way I could work with shorter hours 1-2-1 teaching. I dont know- I hate the loneliness.

I just dont see any pointI wish you all well  take care Jocelyne 

• Posted

I'm so so sorry to hear of your situation, you must be distraught, thinking of you, I know the pip procedure is harder than ska, however from what you told us I don't think you have any problems with the pip procedure. Good luck x

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear of all your medical problems and also the loss of your much loved partner. Don't do anything rash, you still have your children even if you don't see them regularly. Could you speak to them and explain how bad you are feeling? I would have thought that with your medical problems being so severe you should be eligible for pip. I think that they refuse it on a first try almost as standard but you must appeal and if need be take it to tribunal. I know this must seem overwhelming for you at the moment but you do need to do it. Do you have a friend who could support you through this?

I hope that things start to improve for you very soon. Take care. Deb

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.