nephrotic syndrome mcd

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone here have nephrotic syndrome mcd and he is after 21 years old? and would like to talk about it?

about things like what kind of medicines? treatments? about life with the disease? everything about that..

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

forgot to tell taht i have mcd...
  • Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with mcd and nephrotic syndrome 2 years ago.  It did no take long for the doctors learn that I also have FSGS.  The treatment is tough...it took a good 1 and a half years to get it under control. Hang in there!  Surround yourself with friends/family.  I am finally in a partial remission and feel like my self again (which I thought would never happen). Be very careful with the prednisone. Prayers help a ton!
  • Posted

An organization called Nephcure is outstanding.  I found it early on and since then both my husband and I have become very involved.  The resources are incredible.    Ask me any questions, the treatment is hell and and made me feel embarrassed.  The prednisone can cause major damage, I had to have one hip replaced, pending the other.  Talk to your neph about that one...
    • Posted

Thanks dimarie! appreciate your support!

I'm dealing with n-s-mcd since i was 2 years old (for 27 years).. I dont take prednisone anymore cuse i'm steroid-resistance, Today i treated with cyclosporine and for 4 months found in remission.

Everyone says cyclosporine doesn't have side effects, i dont think so.

I'd love to know if anyone else think like me...??

looking for alternative treatments,

• Posted

I had terrible side effects with Cyclosporine, Tacrolimas was great for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.