schizophrenia with Quetiapine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have schizophrenia, diabetes and thyroid problems. I have been in fulltime employment for 25 years. I have an experience to share. I was taking clozapine and other schizophrenic medicines before 2005. I was doing well and am a software professional. I was also doing regular exercising and keeping fit but was always sleepy and lazy. In 2005 my doctor switched me to Quetiapine. My laziness vanished and I became very active. I began to exercise very strongly - 2 hours a day while keeping my 9 - 5 job. I like to try things and was trying whether I could reverse my schizophenia by strong exercise and regular work but with quetiapine my psychotic symptoms returned though they did not stop me from working and exercising. I exercised for 2 hours a day for 1.5 year and my health parameters were doing very well. My cholesterol dropped very well, my weight became good and I was able to control my diabetes well but I was eating heavy with exercising in my psychotic symptoms

Then my sleep started to get disturbed and my psychotic symptoms became stronger and I began to eat sweets. The whole project failed and after some years I was hospitalised put on risperidone and my psychotic symptoms disappeared and my laziness reappeared

I am exercising again but not to that extent. My health parameters are fine but that experiment that I was doing I have always wanted to repeat but cannot because I cannot draw courage. I know that if I go to quetiapine I can again start exercising 2 hours a day but my psychotic symptoms will probably also reappear. I am fifty now

Has anyone else had any such experience.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vipan, I was on risperdone and was really lazy. Am on aripiprazole now, which is less decaying, but feel detached, but much better than risperdone. I have schzioaffective disorder. I would ask if you can try aripiprazole instead.

Lou x

• Posted

Sedating!
    • Posted

Louise

I did try aripiprazole at a time but it did not control my symptoms very well though it was better with laziness

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.