epilepsy

Posted , 4 users are following.

i suffer 3-4 seizers a yr and am fed up living on esa. but am worried that i will not be able to afford my rent or continue with maintanance. or feed my self . proper bored and stressed. is there anything i can do to get me out of the house and feel part of sociaty.my anxity is givig me a head ace

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Greenhorn. I'm about the same in terms of frequency of seizures but I've only been on Esa once. Been working the rest of the time and my various employers have always been pretty switched on about dealing with epilepsy so don't despair of being stuck on esa. If you're feeling low about things ask if your doctor if your local iapt services have any employment or volunteering support schemes. IAPT is an NHS mental health service but this can be for people with low mood at one end of the scale and complex need at the other so that covers most of the population. Good luck!
  • Posted

Can't you get help from the Government ?

I do not know about claiming but I wish you all the best.  Try not to get too down or it bring on another one. 

I wish you well

Win

• Posted

Don't give up, lots of epileptics get jobs as long as you tell your employer, if you're bored and sick of waiting for a job to be vacant why not volunteer to start and that will get you sort of on the job ladder. 3-4 szs a year if that was all I had I'd be delighted and singing with happiness. Things can only get better.
  • Posted

Yes I agree with Karen a lot of us who have seizures dont take off a lot of time as we never know when we will feel rough, and for that reason we are good time keepers, well I was lol

Then my husband started his own business and I helped him for 20 years,  so I was lucky there xx Wish you all the best to all who need a job xxxx  Shall we start up our own agency up lol  j/k xxxx Hiya Karen hope all is well xxxx

• Posted

Hi Winnie, so far so good, the device is working well. Can't believe it's 8 months since it was fitted. Take care, karen
    • Posted

I went 6 years without a fit then had a real strong one,  says swear words under breath how are the others keeping?  xx Well I hope

You take care Karen xxxx  8 months !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.