Shampoo for thinning Hair!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I found a shampoo, they actually have a whole treatment kit. I'm hoping it will help with the damage the Topamax did.

Does anyone know how long after stopping the medication your hair will stop falling out in clumps, if you happen to have this side effect?

Lastly, although I didn't go on Topamax to lose weight. That was the one good thing that came out of all of this. I've been told that when you go off of the Topamax you gain back alot of weight. Do you have any control over this. Is it due to overeating or some other cause? I'm prepared to gain back some of the weight but all of it??? 😞

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This did not happen with my hair

I did put some weight back on but that's upto you to control it as the tablets make you loose your appetite I also went off fizzy drinks

• Posted

Expect it to be at least 3 months before shedding stops, and another 3 months before you notice regrowth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.