Yellow Semen? Should I be worried?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Um, hello.

As strange as it is to reach out about such a private matter, I've been terribly worried about a certain apsect regarding my, um, semen.

I'm a relatively healthy, 18-year-old male. My diet is fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

Now, for a long time, my semen has been particularly yellow-ish in color. I've only come to realize this now because of coincidence, since I happened upon a frame of reference. Additionally, every time it emits this foul, strong odor, which I can be very embarassed about. Finally, I've also had some foul-smelling urine, but that quite possibly could just be me reading into things and being nervous about myself.

It's been this way for as long as I can remember, but upon researching the possibility of an infection which "must be treated as soon as possible," I'm increasingly worried, and I don't know if I should tell my parents to get me to a doctor... the whole thing is just embarassing.

Here's a link to to a picture I took. I apologize in advance for making anyone uncomfortable, take into consideration that I'm dying of embarassment by posting this here.

http://i.imgur.com/xac5Bht.jpg

Thank you so much, I would very much appreciate any help you could provide.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Gabriel....ejaculate/semen will usually have a bleachy scent when fresh....and very unpleasant when not fresh. The color, texture (clear, thin and watery to very white toothpaste) etc. varies from our individual makeup/chemistry. The strong urine can vary from dehydration to 'something is amiss'

I would tell a trusted male, like a dad figure, and see a reg. Dr. at first, and a urologist if you need to.

Nick

• Posted

Hello Gabriel :-)

​Firstly you shouldn't need to feel embarrased about this at all towards your parents, the doctor or anybody, and if you feel that it would be of any help to talk to a doctor to reasure that everything is alright, then do so, as worrying is not doing you any good. The fact that you pay attention to your own body and start wondering if things aren't just as expected, only shows that you care about your own health, which should be considered as something positive :-)

I'm no expert, but wish to reply to you never the less :-) It's usual with slightly yellowish semen and one particularly take notice when it's seen towards a bright white background, on a black t-shirt you'd hardly take notice. Yours might still seem a little more yellowish than the usual. As far as I know there may be several reasons why the semen does have a yellowish color, and you may read about this topic several places on the Internet, as it's pretty commom and there may be a whole range of reasons why this accures. It doesn't need to be an underlying cause of consern, but that depends. The yellowish color could be caused by everything from a few drops of urine in the semen, to being linked to colorants in food, or more serious matters such as infections or similar that could need treatment. If you still feel like contacting a doctor, then just know that it's nothing to be embarrased about. Every guy needs to ejaculate from time to time as that's a natural thing and everybody should understand your consern if you feel your seemen has an unexpected color. Good luck what ever you choose to do :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.