Not sleeping well on trazodone

Posted , 2 users are following.

Am I the only one not sleeping since taking this? Currently on 50mg (I assume a low dose to check suitability) and I'm waking up throughout the night yet struggling to wake up in the morning. I feel really spaced out in the day like things aren't real. Does this stop after taking it for a while I'm 5 days in

Thanks

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kat. I've come to realise only very recently... That there is not a single drug that gives me a good night sleep without me feeling spaced out , drugged & anxious the next day. Even the sleep goes down hill after 3 days when my body gets used to it. I've tried them all, (Zopliclone, Mitazapine, Temazapam, & Traz, the latest being Melatonin. I've always had the mentality that I need to take a pill, same as I always needed wine to relax. Coming off of Trazadone, gave me such bad withdrawals, it frightened the crap out of me and that's when I decided never again.... I should have tapered more slowly as had a few panic attacks. The only thing that I believe is going to help me is SRT(sleep restriction therapy). Basically it's spending less time in bed. I go to bed at 11 & get up at 5am, the first couple of days I felt zombish and really down but after that I started getting into a better patter. Basically, I still wake in the night a few times but I go back to sleep and have a better quality sleep. That the crooks of it for me, now I don't get stressed if I wake, I understand that's normal, it's the quality of sleep that's important to me.Google it. Anti depressant even made my insomnia worse - particularly Citolapram but they don't tell you that when your given the perscription. I don't know, sleep is such a complex issue and pills may work for some people but not me. Good luck all, I would love to hear feedback on this subject, it fascinates me x
    • Posted

Ah the trouble with me is that I slept fine on citralopram which i was on before this

Now I'm waking up several times. Do you find that sleep settled at all?

• Posted

No it didn't settle or else I think I'd still be on it.  Wish I could have slept well on Citralopram.  I tried Mirtazapine for sleep, that knocked me out for the night and I felt quite good the next morning, but it increased my appetite sooooo much,so had to give that one up a it was Fat v Sleep.  

• Posted

Haha well I think I'd rather be tired than put on weight. Perhaps I need to just live with it for now. Thank you for responding smile
  • Posted

I experience the same. I toss and turn all night still and then either oversleep in the mornings or wake up feeling really sluggish. I got a better night of sleep when I was on smbien but there's a new doctor at the clinic I go to and he does not like prescribing it because he says people get addicted to it. I'm also on Zoloft and buspar for anxiety and mood. I just really want a good night's sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.