Fentanyl Withdrawal

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am currently on 100mcg every 72 hours and have been on it for 11 years. The doctors here in the U.S. and more specifically in Florida are getting to where they won't prescribe narcotics anymore. My dr told me a month ago that he won't be giving out narcotics anymore, SO, I've decided to get myself off the patch. The reason I'm on it is for Lupus and Fibromyalgia. Even though I've never abused it, I know I'm addicted to it because I feel the withdrawal if I'm late or miss putting in a new patch. The plan: In Sept, I'll go to 75mcg, then Oct 50mcg, Nov 25mcg then Dec 12mcg. I should be off by January. Can anyone give me advise? Do you think this plan will work? I'm VERY VERY scared because I know how I feel after missing ONE DAY! I'd love to hear from anyone for any input. Thanks!

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I use scotch tape to reduce the dose as I have been going thru the same thing.  I tape off just a portion of the last quarter of the 100 mcg patch and increase coverage slowly on ever other patch.  This is easier than dropping 25 mcg each month.  My body really does not feel anything but tired some weeks.  On the 75 mcg patch look at it as in thirds.  The 50 mcg it is one half you are trying to reduce oslowly over four weeks.  The 25 will be treated like the 50 mcg.  And the 12 mcg will be taped down till you need it no more.  Best of luck.  I was at 125 and Friday I go to 12 mcg.  Praise The Lord and God bless the doctor that explained this to me 15 years ago.

Best of luck. Susan

• Posted

Susan,

Thank you so much for your reply, although I'm not sure I totally understand. Could you break it down a little more for me? I understand taping part of it off but over what period of time did you go from 125 to 12? Thank you for clarifying. God bless you too.

Melissa

• Posted

OH it took me eight months to get to where I am now.  I Hope it goes smooth for you!

Susan

• Posted

Hi Susan 

i am coming off Fent now I have gone from 100 every 48 hours to 72 hours then to 50 for 48 hours my doctor only gave me 4 then I am now on 25 every 48 hours I am now on my second patch . Wow am I so sick I can't keep anything down can't sleep crabby my poor husband . I pray I do as good as you . I got 8 patches to go so I need to try and fold the last 2 to only get half of the 25 . I wished I never got on this stuff . 

• Posted

HI hang in there.  You are moving along very fast.  I use scotch tape or generic to mask off the portion of patch which I do not want to enter my body.  It has worked very well for me.  Prayer does wonders also Deb.  I lift your name up for prayerful healing.  If you stay sick call dr to get some Medes to settle that problem.  Non addictive.  

If if you know anyway to stop muscles from knotting I would appreciate hearing.  We can get thru a lot with the help of friends.

• Posted

There is a prescription medication called Requip that is used for restless leg as well as Parkinson's. My legs go CRAZY if I forget to change my patch or if it gives out before time and I use the Requip. I am praying it will help when I start the process in the fall. Anyway, if you can get your dr to prescribe for you, it should help with the cramping, etc.
    • Posted

Xi went and got some  dramamine for motion sickness  it is helping . 

Thanks Deb,

• Posted

That's great! I'm so glad it's helping. I didn't think about Dramamine.
    • Posted

Thanks Melissa,  I will ask about that soon.  If I could just get these muscles to behave my life will be greatly improved.  Down to 6 mcg and not sure if I will go down more now or after I return from vacation.  I know what I deal with now...going to zero is a big unknown although sometimes I just want to go to zero immediately.  I am still practicing patience. Pray you are having a good day.  Beautiful here in the Blue Ridge Mountains.....hot but nice breeze.
    • Posted

I am so happy you have something to help with the nause.  That is one of the worse sick feelings.  May you have a good day today.  Hang in there, I hear there is life after fentanyl!

• Posted

Where are you in the blue ridge mountains? Im here in Orlando dealing with senseless violence.
    • Posted

I live in the Roanoke Valley in Virginia.  Praying for the losses in Orlando.

• Posted

You might get flu like symptoms. I was addicted to 2-100mgc patches. My first patch reduction was 125mgc, I went from 200 to 75. (I do not recommend) so my fen-flu was kinda severe and lasted about a week or so. I was determined to rid myself of one of the most addicting drugs known. Today after 13 years of the 72 hour and later the 48 hours patch cycle I find myself lucky to have survived. 15 days since I removed the last 25 patch slight diarrhea and major insomnia seem to be the longer lasting affects. Stay strong this time will pass.

Patien

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.