Mri Scan Resuilts Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just Have my Resuits back from my mri scan and was hoping someone can help with resuilts as i dont understand them...been having serve back pain for years and getting worse where no pain relief would help...this is what the concluion of the mri scan:-

​active osteochondrosis, discopathy and disc protrusion l4-l5 with dural sac and possible left dominant l5 nerve root compromise, discopathy l5-s1.

​any advice with be great thanks

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Your disc are not in correct, they are pressing on your nerve root so pretty much it looks and sounds like you should be in alot of pain with radianting pain down your leg or legs. I hope you feel better I had all that and end up with the S1-L5 fusion.

Good luck

Cindy

• Posted

Thanks for the reply....yes very bad pains in lower back and moving round to hips mainly left side....have collapsed twice due to not being able to move,no pain relief has worked so far....has eased a little last few days but does then come back....doctors are referring me to a back surgeon to see what next steps are.
    • Posted

I hope you go and get things looked at, I ended up on the pain side after the first doc wouldn't listen to me and it's been almost 20 years ago got hurt when in was in my 20's missed out on a lot of things but I would push through so I could give my daughter the best of growing up I actually broke down and cried feeling like I couldn't do better she said the sweetest thing to me, it wasn't your fault you gave me and did things even in pain to make sure I had the greatest life growing up it wasn't your fault but the dr who didn't listen I'm a failed fusion and might be a failed stimulator too, I'm giving my all to trying to tell them this stimulator isn't working out. Please make sure you don't end up like me get a step ahead

Good luck keep us updated on your journey if you want in box a private message so we can stay in contact

Best of luck!!

Cynthia ( Cindy)

• Posted

Mine started about 6 years ago but last 2 years have been really bad....my back just goes for no reason happened in Dec...just got up as normal got dressed pick my 2 year old up out of his bed took him downstairs and put him on floor and couldn't move for 3 weeks...finally managed get docs he just put me down for physio....tried to tell my physio guy that they where using a scan I have 6 years ago but he still tried to get me to exercise but couldn't manage it then another doctor told me I shouldn't be doing any physio till I have upto Mri scan done.... Makes its worse I have 3 kids who seen me collapse and I'm a Carer for my wife....
    • Posted

Been to see my doctor over my scan resuilts....been put on naproxen 500mg and buprenorphine 5mcg/hr patches....and being referred to a back surgeon....hopefully not waiting ages
    • Posted

Lstcktn

Hi just a FYI my surgery for the stimulator to come out is on December 8th I can't wait and some more bad news my fusion might have a problem and might need another fusion ugh have to get a MRI with contrast to see what's going on, but it doesn't sound good back there my back is snapping cracking n popping, do its crazy...

I'll update everyone what's going on,

Best of luck to everyone

Cynthia ( cindy)

• Posted

Hi there hope everything going well....just an update from me...was referred too back surgeon on 23rd June and on the 14th November was told that the hospital was referred t didn't accept referrals for Spinal proceduressad was referred to another hospital as urgent and heard back from them after few weeks...my MRI scan was reviewed and they say I have l4/5 left precentral bulge causing impingement of the l5 nerve root ( not 100% sure what that means) now awaiting appointment

• Posted

Can anyone tell me what the circles are in my mri that I circled by my neck I'm a nervous wreck 

• Posted

If anyone can tell me if my Mri is normal that would be so awesome TIA
  • Posted

Little update :-Still awaiting a referral appointment sad doctors faxed it over 23rd June spoke to booking at hospital and they say they never received it...doctors resent it 15th November to check that they have got it....anyone had any issues like this? Anything I can do to speed it up don't want to wait another 18 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.