FUSED HIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone I have posted before, just adding that my fused hip as left me with one leg shorter than the other by 2" and I wear a raised shoe, I coped with this when I was younger, but as I have got older it as become more difficult getting dressed is a problem I cannot walk to far. I have been offered a reversal, but was told that I would only have 5% movement which I did not think this was worth what I would have to go through especially at my time of life 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello David, can you explain what a reversal on a fusion is?   My right leg is 3" shorter than the other, and I have worn a 1 7/8" lift on my shoe for almost 25 years now.  

• Posted

Hi,

​I was told that they beak the fused bone and replace with a new hip, and that I would have about 5% movement I did not thnik it was worth it for so little movement

• Posted

Ah yes, now I understand. I'm sorry you are having that pain.  I've decided to also stick with the fusion.  The risks are too high for me to have a reversal.  I started with an experimental hip replacement that ended up infecting my pelvis. So it was removed and then replaced with a fusion. 

• Posted

Hi,

​Yes I have decided to stick with the fusion at least I know were I stand with it, hope things are going ok for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.