Bad breath

Posted , 15 users are following.

My breath smells and it is messing up my life physically, emotionally and socially. I stay in the house a lot which made me parinoid to go out and talk to people and when I talk to people my mouth gets dryer and my breath smells even more. I can tell they smell it and most of the time I even have really bad anxiety because of it. I think people talk about me. I need help. Please help me. I brush my teeth twice a day and sometimes even after every meal. But 3 minutes after brushing it smells like feces. I tried to see if I had tonsil stones but I didn't see anything. Also when I'm breathing out my nose people still smell it and most of the time the smell covers the whole room. I believe it is stopping me from getting a job as well. I really need help. Every time I get to my lowest point I just think, "I'm sick of living an unfair life. It feels like I serve no purpose". Please help, please.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How long have you had this problem?

Have you gotten your mouth checked by an actual doctor? If not, do it. As simple Google search says that there are many things that can cause bad breath.

It could also be a tooth problem. But then I think you'd might have some pain in your teeth as well. But it's good to check all possibilities, so visiting the dentist might also be a good idea.

• Posted

My breath smelled bad since 8th grade. It recently got worst in college and I just couldn't handle the anxiety so I dropped out. I have Medicare so no doctor or dentist is accepting that right now. I want a job but my breath is really stopping me. The last job I had everyone knew my name for the wrong reasons and all of them were because of my breath. I was homeless for a couple months trying to stay away from everyone. Now I feel like the only way to go with it is suicide or just staying away from people.

• Posted

I am not from the US, so I don't know much about the Medicare insurance. Why is the insurance preventing you from being checked by a doctor or dentist?

To my understanding, chronic bad breath is a medical issue with an underlying cause. The only thing people on this forum can do is suggesting things that might help someone, but not everyone. Are you from a poor background? I guess I'm from a country with really good healthcare, so I don't really understand this situation of not being able to see a doctor.

What food are you eating? Is there something you have eat everyday or regularly since your childhood? 

It could be so many causes that require professional help. Bowel problems might require special medicine for example. 

I am absolutely no expert on this, so except for telling you to see a doctor and a dentis, all I can do is refer to things I find on google. And so will probably most other people here do too.

Don't commit suicide just yet. While you're not out talking with people face to face, try to find some good social arena online where you can talk to people. I understand it might be difficult to make normal conversation if this problem is constantly on your mind, but you should try.

Other americans might be of better help to find a way to get you properly checked out by a dcotor.

• Posted

DONT YOU DARE THINK ABOUT SUICIDE!!!! I know it's bad because I have it. I try to cover my mouth when I talk. I love me and love yourself enough to know its not that serious. Sip on water to keep the mouth from being dry. No sugar. This is terrible a doctor or dentist should be able to tell us something. They getting money to research cancer why not bad breath? It killing us.

• Posted

I haven't had a kiss in 30 years this is terrible. I don't think it's from the mouth. Can we have backed up bowels?

• Posted

Sorry to say NOTHING. I was at the dentist office I had a mint in my mouth and a gentleman offered me a mint after talking. So embarrassing.
    • Posted

and the gentleman was across the room.
  • Posted

I think a lot of people share your pain on here in the forums about bad breath. No-one seems to take it seriously - doctors or dentists.  From all the exchanges/comments I have read on Patient regarding bad breath let me summarise:

Always keep the mouth moist - sip water frequently (a dry mouth = bad breath)

Floss every day

IMPORTANT - use a tongue scraper.  Most bad breath starts on the tongue

Use a non-alcoholic mouthwash (alcohol dries the mouth out)

Dairy food makes it worse ie cheese, milk etc

Sugary foods and drinks make it worse as bacteria feeds off the sugar.

There is hope you just have to find out what suits you.  There is not a cure or quick fix solution for bad beath you have to keep a routine up every day. 

It can make you feel very lonely but on here you will find people who suffer from bad breath.  There are tens of millions of people in the world suffering from bad breath - otherwise mouthwashes wouldn't sell - you are not alone - just keep talking to people who understand.

Examine your diet (food and drink).  If you eat clean and keep your mouth in tip top shape you fill find you can keep on top of the problem. 

Hope this helps. 

• Posted

I had the same problem. I checked all the possible causes and nothing came about. I had heard of tonsil stones, checked my throat visually, but didn't see anything. Fast forward two years, I was in the bathroom dying my hair and decided to give my throat another look. Now my tonsils are very small and flat against my throat, no sign of crypts or stones. For some reason I decided to poke one of them. Immediatly, all these little white stones popped out! I coughed one up and smelled it. Sure enough, it was that same nasty smell I had for years, just concentrated.

I then poked the other, flat and very healthy looking tonsil. Wouldn't ya know it, more stones came out. So, I suggest gently poking around back there with the end of your toothbrush, make sure to clean it first, and see what happens. Also, you can rub your tonsil with a clean finger and if it smells, you might have tonsil stones. Now, I keep my tonsils cleaned out and the BB is gone

• Posted

I have also suffered for many years.

U should try amazing beath mouthwash.

They actually have a sale on groupon for 16 dollars for a months use.

i am not a salesman,its just that i have finnaly gotten rid og my suffering with amazing breath and want to spread its value.

Good luck!

• Posted

Dennis, suck on whole cloves . They have a pleasant strong smell, and you can carry a little bottle of them with you. 🎉. Dena. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.