Long-term Addiction to Tramadol

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been addicted to Tramadol for over 2 decades and need to talk to someone else who has also had long-term Addiction to the same drug.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I was addicted to tramadol for almost 10 years. I have been clean, cold turkey, since February of this year. I was taking up to 30 a day due to my tolerance being so high. I had seizures from them, went to jail, lost my family, everything. Quitting was the best decision I have ever made. You can definitely quit if you want it bad enough. There are more beneficial and safer ways and medications to deal with pain than tramadol, they're not good for you and they really take a toll on your body and especially mind since they're an antidepressant as well. If I were you I would talk to my doctor about other options other than tramadevil!

• Posted

Hi, well done for sharing. I am just starting week #3 of cold turkey after 3 years of Tramadol use. So glad I decided to do this, although progress is slower than I would like. Withdrawal sympoms definitely receding, but sleep is still very patchy because of restless leg syndrome. General feeling of coming back to life again after being in a coma is extremely pleasant! 
    • Posted

Congrats to you on 3 weeks!!! Things will get better everyday smile you've come so far already, it's great!

• Posted

Hi, my name is Molly &

I too have been on it &/addicted to it for about 17+ years!!! :-(

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that Molly sad you should figure out a plan on getting off of them.. they're terrible little Devils!sad

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words! It's not yours or mine or anyones fault it's the drug manufacturer & the bull they were dumping us & they knew for a fact that it was addictive!!! It's all about the greed & the $,$$$,$$$,$$$.¢¢

& back to your comment i say a Amen to that! -) U can text me if ya like or need to ANY TIME DAY/NIGHT 24/7 7 days a week! (seriously I'll be here to help you!)

Then maybe down the road you could do same 4 me! When it's my turn:°wink

Sorry so long! lol!

• Posted

I have been addicted to Tramadol for 20 years except for 2 years of treatment I went through about 10 years ago. I have been "clean" for about 3 days, but not because I planned it that way...My pkg of pills I ordered from India just hasn't arrived on time & I ran out! I'd like to quit, but will need treatment...someone to actually take the drug away from me before I'll be willing to get clean for real. I live in Alabama - USA and have a full-time job...can't function right now without this "devil's drug"...tired of chasing the dragon! What's YOUR story?

• Posted

Also there's a MEDICAL LEAVE ACT ( don't quote me on the exactly name of it:-) but it guarantee's you to have 100% privacy & your job back when you are done with treatment & are well enough to go back to work! It's a government law.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.