I'm 19 n I found a lump in my breast above my nipple.What are the chances that it is cancerous?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm from India and I had been to the UK for a month for vacation. By the end of that one month I found this lump all of a sudden and I am too worried about it now. It's been two weeks since I noticed the lump which is a little above my right nipple and there is no change in its size and it is painless and it's the size of a grape. It's not movable but just moved under the skin with my fingers and there are no other changes in my breasts other than the lump. Can this lump be caused due to change in place or food or anything like that? What are the chances of this lump being cancerous? Should I wait for it increase in size or wait for it just disappear? Or should I visit a doctor immediately?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that there is no trace of breast cancer I'm the family!

• Posted

I would certainly have it checked ASAP. Could be a fibroid cyst which is nothing to worry about, or it could be something else. Don't take that chance. They will do an ultrasound to determine.

• Posted

A lump in the breast no matter how small should always be checked out
  • Posted

Unfortunately breast cancer doesn't just effect the middle aged women anymore, more and more young women (in their 20's) get diagnosed with breast cancer. Not having other family members with breast cancer doesn't mean anything either.

i would definetely go and see you doctor. The sooner the better too.

I wish you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.