strength ever return after stroke?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just curious lost lots of strength In right side after hemerogic stroke. Im 43 with st3 ckd wich there saying played big part in reason for stroke

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try to avoid acronyms or text speak, this is a British forum with an international mix of people, some abbreviations that are quite normal in your country may mean nothing to someone else.

What brought on the chronic kidney disease?

Strength can come back after a stroke, I had a haemorrhagic at the age of 48 and was in hospital for nearly two months and lost the use of my legs and partial use of my right arm at the time.

It took about nine months of physio to try and get my arm to function properly and a good two years to get my strength back. You have to work at it, I have always done free weights and sit up/press ups at home. The spasticity that follows a stroke often makes it hard, but you have to try and break through it. There is medication to help (I didn't use any) if it is particularly bad.

• Posted

Hi Nathan,

I had a SAH/Brain bleed in 2009 and hardly remember anything until 2010 when shunt was put in (Hydrocephelus). I was told I'd never walk again but never give up 4 steps then 10 and so on until back aches. Believe in yourself and I wish you good luck.

When down I sing and drive my family potty lol so keep onwards and upwards and believe in you xx

Regards

Win xx

• Posted

Hi

I too have had a sah been very lucky but getting terrible nerve type spasms in lower back and constant pain weakness down back of both legs just wondering if you suffered this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.