reaction but not allergic?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

Sometimes when i eat certain foods. I get an itchy forehead and other body parts like ears etc. Nothing serious. I have been eating some cinnamon and raisans and it has happened but i have been tested for allergies and i have not for those. I dont get the typical food allergy reaction. What can this be? Is it anxiety?

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

The best way to help yourself would be to go visit a dermatologist, as you need to figure out what is making you react. They can help you go through your medications, foods, creams, etc. to find the most likely cause. Then, they can also give you the proper creams to treat it.

While you wait to see the dermatologist, you should not put ANYTHING on your face except water. In other words, wash your face with water ONLY, and pat it dry. No creams, makeup, or ointments, as they can make the problem worse!

Good luck!

• Posted

I get itchy skin which can occur anywhere on my body and I have dust mite allergy. Have you considered this? It might just be a coincidence about the foods.

I'm allergic to certain foods and chemicals and I find that my heart speeds up and I feel anxious when I'm getting a reaction but that doesn['t happen with the dust mite reactions, I just itch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.