Is this pilonidal sinus?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I wonder if anyone could say if they think this is pilonidal sinus? My boyfriend has had this for a few months now and we think we've finally found what it is 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

They sure look like them but he should se a GP asap to get I checked out, possibly scanned. Don't wait around but get it looked at.

• Posted

Hi Laura, my son had this for 6years and I would say it looks very much like it. Has he been to docs yet? Kind regards Gill
  • Posted

Thanks for your replies, we are going to the docs this afternoon
    • Posted

Good luck, it's a tricky thing to deal with, if you need the name of a great private Surgeon then we have one. It was the best money I ever spent and I wish we had done it at the beginning. Hope it goes well .

• Posted

Yeah that looks like it , if where the holes are fluid comes out then thats a sign theres tunneling going on there
  • Posted

Hi

Did you find out the problem? was the doctor able to advise?

• Posted

Hi, yeah the doctor was really good, it is what we thought! He's going to try antibiotics to see if that helps, then if not we'll try surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.