Duloxetine -Restarted -Again day 5 -Advise please

Posted , 5 users are following.

On day 5 again on 20mg as my body cannot tolerate high doses of tablets - Not feeling to good got a slight headache and not feeling really me like i am dragging a weight around with me - Use to sleep well at night - now i am being kept awake all night - I have litte choices left i am told - i was told mood stablizers may be the answer - Not sure what to do not feeling myself -still get a constant headache -just wondering if it will pass and will i ever feel myself again .How long until the side effects wear off -- I do not want to go on Meds but when i am off them i am upset ,angry  and i cannot control that either -so i am in a bit of a mess right now .. Can anyone give an advise please ....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi niki

I started in 20 mg per day for 4 weeks. With the view of going upto 30 mg per day. I had the same effects for around the first week then my mood lifted on the second week. Then kind of levelled out with bursts of good moods and more energy. It's normal with any ssri medication to have some kind of side effects, as you are changing your brain chemistry. You are increasing your seratonin levels in your brain. I have now increased to 30 mg per day. In the first week of 30 mg I had slight side effects tbh. Then started feeling ok. I am on week 9 now and any side effects have gone. Stick with it and you should find it should start working for you. And any side effects should start to subside, as your body adjusts. I don't have any plans to increase from 30 mg.

I'm starting to feel the benefit now. Glad I stuck it out!!

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Regards

Garry??

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying was about to give up again - will stick with it -i will keep you up dated ...
    • Posted

Hi I'v just started 20 mg duloxetine and I'm finding the side effects hard, in getting heightened anxiety, agitated, hot cold sweats and electric shock feeling throughout my body, I'v tried a few meds, but being really sensitive to them, I do find the side effects difficult, but I really want something to help me with my anxiety and depression, did you suffer any of these, how long do you think they will last, roughly any feedback or support would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Wendy

• Posted

Could not stay on this drug it -it made me to ill 
    • Posted

Hi nikki-Yvonne,

When you stopped taking it how long until your side effects stopped?

• Posted

The first time i took it for 8 weeks - still felt bad think it was because my body could not tolerate Anti-Depressants anymoe  - Then i tried something else -then they asked my to try it again for 2 weeks -i nearly ended up in hospital - Everyone is different -it depends on your body i think - And what dosage - they started me off on a very low dose as soon as they up it to 30 mg my problems really started - After 17 years of meds they are just causing me to many problems -i am going to start 5HTP and more natural product to see if that helps me ...Hope you find something that helps you soon ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.